New Nationwide Lockdown Coming?

Would you listen to our government and comply with a lockdown?

• Yes.

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • No.

Votes: 91 68.4%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 15 11.3%

• Total voters

MontyPython

Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
Biden Covid advisor says U.S. lockdown of 4 to 6 weeks could control pandemic and revive economy

Shutting down businesses and paying people for lost wages for four to six weeks could help keep the coronavirus pandemic in check and get the economy on track until a vaccine is approved and distributed, said Dr. Michael Osterholm, a coronavirus advisor to President-elect Joe Biden.
https://www.volnation.com/forum/javascript:void(0)
Osterholm, who serves as director of the Center of Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota, said earlier this week that the country is headed toward “Covid hell.” Cases are rising as more people grow tired of wearing masks and social distancing, suffering from so-called “pandemic fatigue,” he said Wednesday. Colder weather is also driving people indoors, where the virus can spread more easily.

A nationwide lockdown would drive the number of new cases and hospitalizations down to manageable levels while the world awaits a vaccine, he told Yahoo Finance on Wednesday.

“We could pay for a package right now to cover all of the wages, lost wages for individual workers, for losses to small companies, to medium-sized companies or city, state, county governments. We could do all of that,” he said. “If we did that, then we could lock down for four to six weeks.”

Osterholm was appointed to Biden’s 12-member Covid “advisory board” on Monday. The panel of advisors is co-chaired by former Surgeon General Vivek Murthy, former Food and Drug Administration Commissioner David Kessler and Dr. Marcella Nunez-Smith of Yale University. Other task force members include Dr. Atul Gawande, a professor of surgery and health policy at Harvard, and Dr. Rick Bright, the vaccine expert and whistleblower who resigned his post with the Trump administration last month.

# # #

What say ye? Would you listen to our government and comply, or if not, why?

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
This guy is an idiot. What good does paying people do if the economy is shut down?

He clearly doesn’t understand supply chain dynamics, either. Shortages will be exponentially worse than they were back in March and April of this year.

Biden Covid advisor says U.S. lockdown of 4 to 6 weeks could control pandemic and revive economy

Shutting down businesses and paying people for lost wages for four to six weeks could help keep the coronavirus pandemic in check and get the economy on track until a vaccine is approved and distributed, said Dr. Michael Osterholm, a coronavirus advisor to President-elect Joe Biden.
Osterholm, who serves as director of the Center of Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota, said earlier this week that the country is headed toward “Covid hell.” Cases are rising as more people grow tired of wearing masks and social distancing, suffering from so-called “pandemic fatigue,” he said Wednesday. Colder weather is also driving people indoors, where the virus can spread more easily.

A nationwide lockdown would drive the number of new cases and hospitalizations down to manageable levels while the world awaits a vaccine, he told Yahoo Finance on Wednesday.

“We could pay for a package right now to cover all of the wages, lost wages for individual workers, for losses to small companies, to medium-sized companies or city, state, county governments. We could do all of that,” he said. “If we did that, then we could lock down for four to six weeks.”

Osterholm was appointed to Biden’s 12-member Covid “advisory board” on Monday. The panel of advisors is co-chaired by former Surgeon General Vivek Murthy, former Food and Drug Administration Commissioner David Kessler and Dr. Marcella Nunez-Smith of Yale University. Other task force members include Dr. Atul Gawande, a professor of surgery and health policy at Harvard, and Dr. Rick Bright, the vaccine expert and whistleblower who resigned his post with the Trump administration last month.

# # #

I seen where once he mandated a nationwide lockdown he would borrow the money to pay people.

This should be easy for all in here to know which country good ole Joe would borrow the money from. Any takers?

Who is going to pay for this? Small businesses need customers to survive. Paying the payroll is nice but nowhere near total nut to run a business.

Reactions: StarRaider and MWR
Joe Biden will not attempt to implement a nationwide lockdown as it's very clear that myriad cities/towns across the country would refuse to enforce such a ludicrous mandate and it wouldn't be feasible to send in the National Guard to ensure that no one goes to the Corn Pone.

Reactions: StarRaider and MWR
To me, common sense rather than a lockdown seems better:

(1) If in public places (indoors), mandatory mask wearing;
(2) Maintain social distancing;
(3) Wash your hands; and
(4) If you're old and/or vulnerable, stay the F at home.

Reactions: Vol Main

(3) Wash your hands; and
Only need 3 and 4 and those should have been done in April

Why do you need 1 if the vulnerable are at home?

What an idiotic idea. It will kill the economy before the lockdown is over

If these are the actual advisors to the potus then it's going to be a very long 4yrs

Any Joe voters want to pledge allegiance to this plan?

We all know that we are just a couple of months away from the left going from the position of resist at all costs to assimilate at all costs . The Borg will prevail .

Reactions: 82_VOL_83 and MWR

(3) Wash your hands; and

And here you were thinking Biden was going to surround himself with smart people. First Zeke Emmanuel says people shouldn’t live beyond 75 and now this moron thinks shutting the economy down, borrowing/printing trillions of dollars and paying people money they won’t be able to spend for nearly two months will actually help the economy recover faster.

Look I hate wearing masks as much as anyone else. Felt claustrophobic in IKEA yesterday after an hour (not my choice of a trip btw). But, to reduce transmission, it's just common sense.
Then it should have been done decades ago if that's the only goal. Based on the data, if you're not old and/or vulnerable there's little to fear. If the business asks I wear one but if not there's no need. National mandates won't pass muster anyways

Look I hate wearing masks as much as anyone else. Felt claustrophobic in IKEA yesterday after an hour (not my choice of a trip btw). But, to reduce transmission, it's just common sense.

Wearing masks doesn't reduce transmission. They don't filter out the virus and I dunno how many maskidiots I see rubbing their eyes and touching their face.

https://www.volnation.com/forum/javascript:void(0)

# # #

That’s a hard no from me....... personal choice...... everyone should make the best decision for them and their family.

This guy is an idiot. What good does paying people do if the economy is shut down?

He clearly doesn’t understand supply chain dynamics, either. Shortages will be exponentially worse than they were back in March and April of this year.
There are still essential things and bills don't stop. Unless you want bills to stop as well.

A little paid Joe-cation coming our way maybe. The weird incentives/rewards to constituents seem to be getting better after bush jr started it. I remember getting some sort of refund/stimulus check then and Obama as well. Not really a fan of this stuff, but if it happens, oh well.

Its interesting that an "expert" on disease is telling us how the economic impact is not an issue because they (government) have the money to take care of lost wages across the board for 6 weeks.

Reactions: 0nelilreb
Its interesting that an "expert" on disease is telling us how the economic impact is not an issue because they (government) have the money to take care of lost wages across the board for 6 weeks.
That was my issue with Trump and his response. It was always a Dr or scientist pushing a singular view but zero economists

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill

VN Store

Back