New signee

She is a new coach and gets the benefit of doubt until she proves that she doesn’t deserve it. Kellie was given 5 years… She proved that she couldn’t get it done… This is nothing more than a depth piece at a position of need.
That is it in a nutshell. At this point, we have to assume that CKC and staff are good at assessing who can contribute to their system. The proof will be in the pudding....right now she is just assembling ingredients.

She is a depth signing who has one year of eligibility. The staff is obviously betting that she can fill a role on the team with her energy and rebounding. She could well average less than 5 minutes a game when all is said or done (or she exceeds expectations and gets more time). This seems like a "we have a slot fill, so let's take this player who can fit our system" rather than leaving it open. The fate of the season does not hinge on this signing.

I totally understand that, but you can't tell me that there aren't better "depth" options within the portal that could actually make us even more competitive this year if we just throwing away scholarships for a season. Again the double standard is fascinating. Everyone is willing to give the benefit of the doubt to this coach and this staff rather than holding her to similar standards.
It is what it is...Here is the depth chart per my understanding,,,if it needs editing,,,I am sure someone will let me know ;o)
2024-25 depth chart.jpg

I generally just ignore you. But please. Take your nonsense elsewhere.

Are you not aware you’re screaming into a vacuum? Almost nobody responds or engages you because you’re wishy washy and crazy.

@Volsfan2018
BOOM !
Love it!
Seems I am not the only one who adores you

Last edited:
It is what it is...Here is the depth chart per my understanding,,,if it needs editing,,,I am sure someone will let me know ;o)
View attachment 650294

BOOM !
Love it!
I believe this will be the smallest line-up (from a height standpoint) that the LVs have had since the early days of the program. On the flipside, it may be the quickest from top to bottom.

It is going to be fascinating to see how this small ball approach works out next season. I don't think there is going to be a middlish, Kellie ground with this line-up. It is either going to be great or an unmitigated disaster.

I believe this will be the smallest line-up (from a height standpoint) that the LVs have had since the early days of the program. On the flipside, it may be the quickest from top to bottom.

It is going to be fascinating to see how this small ball approach works out next season. I don't think there is going to be a middlish, Kellie ground with this line-up. It is either going to be great or an unmitigated disaster.
My feelings exactly

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I looked knox news article and juco stats weren't bad. So our illustrious poster cherry picked bad games evidently. Looks like a good depth person as many others have noted. I recall having a unique post war with this negative poster last year. Possibly a relative of The Downers.

Bro.. she shot 57% and 47.9% from the FT line in Juco.. lmao

These new coaches are throwing **** at the wall and hoping for something to stick.. The whole staff is over their head.

Against any real competition in Juco -- she didnt score! 0 points against Wabash Valley, 1 and 2 points against Butler, 5pts against Hutchinson.
Freshman Year
www.njcaa.org

NJCAA

NJCAA
www.njcaa.org
www.njcaa.org

Sophomore Year
www.njcaa.org

NJCAA

NJCAA
www.njcaa.org
www.njcaa.org
6 pts against Gulf Coast, 2 pts against Shelton State, 2 pts against a really bad Santa Fe, 2 pts against a really bad Hillsborough team

These new coaches are throwing **** at the wall and hoping for something to stick.. The whole staff is over their head.

Against any real competition in Juco -- she didnt score! 0 points against Wabash Valley, 1 and 2 points against Butler, 5pts against Hutchinson.
Freshman Year
www.njcaa.org

NJCAA

NJCAA
www.njcaa.org
www.njcaa.org

Sophomore Year
www.njcaa.org

NJCAA

NJCAA
www.njcaa.org
www.njcaa.org
6 pts against Gulf Coast, 2 pts against Shelton State, 2 pts against a really bad Santa Fe, 2 pts against a really bad Hillsborough team
sounds like your slinging s!!!!! against the recruiting guru

She is not a bad pickup as a backup player. She scores quite well when she shoots the ball. Only averaged three shots per game playing in 32 games and taking 98 shots and 46 percent from the field. She is very good on the offensive boards and 6 boards for 17 minutes a game is very good total. She doesn't affect anything as far as next season as only one year to play and she is capable of giving us 8 to 10 quality minutes. She is not turnover prone just 1 per 17 minutes and she does fit the system with a lot of speed and athleticism. She is sort of inconsistent in her play as went for 18 points and 14 rebounds against West Virginia, but also had games where she went 1 for 6 and only scored a couple of points. To give a player like Latham, Hollingshead, or Spearman a three or four minute break she is ideal.

Not enough information overall but her 1.54 points per shot attempt is elite if she could carry that over to say 10 shots per game instead of just three per game.

She is not a bad pickup as a backup player. She scores quite well when she shoots the ball. Only averaged three shots per game playing in 32 games and taking 98 shots and 46 percent from the field. She is very good on the offensive boards and 6 boards for 17 minutes a game is very good total. She doesn't affect anything as far as next season as only one year to play and she is capable of giving us 8 to 10 quality minutes. She is not turnover prone just 1 per 17 minutes and she does fit the system with a lot of speed and athleticism. She is sort of inconsistent in her play as went for 18 points and 14 rebounds against West Virginia, but also had games where she went 1 for 6 and only scored a couple of points. To give a player like Latham, Hollingshead, or Spearman a three or four minute break she is ideal.

Not enough information overall but her 1.54 points per shot attempt is elite if she could carry that over to say 10 shots per game instead of just three per game.

Actually great that she doesn’t take a ton of shots. That’s not what we needed. We needed a functional depth recruit and they went and got it.

Sure if you can get a Barker or Dauda you take them.

But after they were off the board there really are no big time players left. Better to take a quality player with a high motor. Having only one year of eligibility I’ll bet she gives her all for Tennessee too.

Freshman Year
www.njcaa.org

NJCAA

NJCAA
www.njcaa.org
www.njcaa.org

Sophomore Year
www.njcaa.org

NJCAA

NJCAA
www.njcaa.org
www.njcaa.org
She has improved since then shooting 46 percent from the field and 65 from the line for Pitt last season. She can hold her own on the court for backing up our other three players. Hoping we see some of that 18 and 14 she went against West Virginia and will be very happy if she keeps scoring 1.54 points on every shot she attempts.

Actually great that she doesn’t take a ton of shots. That’s not what we needed. We needed a functional depth recruit and they went and got it.

Sure if you can get a Barker or Dauda you take them.

But after they were off the board there really are no big time players left. Better to take a quality player with a high motor. Having only one year of eligibility I’ll bet she gives her all for Tennessee too.
Yes she is here to give the top three a rest now and then. She will do well in that role and is certainly some insurance against injuries which I hope we avoid.

Yes she is here to give the top three a rest now and then. She will do well in that role and is certainly some insurance against injuries which I hope we avoid.

Yep, we could have used a player like that the last few years. We got really thin really quick in terms of athleticism. Had too many players on the roster that just couldn’t keep up with the speed of the game when their number was called.

Reactions: Ratvol
This thread has been a blast reading.....The opinions are so varied...Who is right or wrong? Time will tell...
Just imagine Josey Wales saying, "are you going to pull those pistols or are you going to whistle Rocky Top?"

If you like seeing banter between HOPEFUL fans and those that have no problem pushing negative agendas with ZERO value add to the program, at the expense of a young woman wanting to play a role on our new coach’s first team, then you can for sure be entertained.

i meant she can't shoot free throws.. lower than 50% for the career
Alas you persist in making The Downer family proud. Do they get proud or turn it around to grumpy? Badge of honor to bash and disparage any thing positive or remotely resembling such. Btw she improved her ft% significantly above your law of averages. Enjoy,no don't, your day if you will possibly allow for that.

Her stats in the first post link looks pretty solid to me for a back up player. You appear to be just knee jerk negative on the new coach. Or maybe a troll?
we actually love the hire .. just a horrible get!

Thank you, someone finally said it! If this was a recruit from the previous staff, this board would be going crazy and saying how bad of a signing it is, but because it's the new staff, it's a quality signing. Her numbers aren't impressive at any level compared to some of the post we got under the former staff (Keyen, Snoop, Franklin) but yet we are praising this signing. I wish her the best and hope she can help, but to act as though this is some icing on the cake that puts us over the top is foolish.
And just because we said it...does not mean that we are trolling or hate the hire.. This pick up is what it is.. horrible!!!

She is a depth signing who has one year of eligibility. The staff is obviously betting that she can fill a role on the team with her energy and rebounding. She could well average less than 5 minutes a game when all is said or done (or she exceeds expectations and gets more time). This seems like a "we have a slot fill, so let's take this player who can fit our system" rather than leaving it open. The fate of the season does not hinge on this signing.
Look at film.. She has no energy!! Her rebounds come from other people boxing out.. She cant rebound out of her area!!!

He or she is going off JUCO stats while last season at a P5 program she’s a pretty salty rebounder and shoots FT at a 78% clip. Most recent, non-negative tinged DATA screams solid pick-up. Relevant to any era.
When looking at players.. 1. You look at the body of work 2. You look what she does against tough teams consistently For example my daughter averages 20 ppg against small town teams but then we she plays against big cities she averages 4 pts.. Everyone thinks she is amazing in our small town but in reality she is just an average player.. lol

Actually only a few were as negative as you are here when Kellie added Avery Strickland from the same Pitt team last year. I welcomed it as well. Give that many thought there would be no further additions this year, it is good news indeed that we added a very good rebounder for depth.
How many minutes did she need to collect those rebounds because she cant score!

How many minutes it takes to get in stat's matter as well.

Can she play 8 minutes and get 8 rebounds, 4 points, and a Blk.. That would be good.. or does she need 24 minutes to get 2 points and 10 rebounds .. there is a difference

Don’t understand why everyone is getting all worked up over someone who may average 10mpg. It’s just an athletic depth piece. Y’all chill
She is not athletic.

You can tell a nasty negga poster is picking junior college stats to make fun of her when she was actually first string All American as a Juco player. It is also impressive that all 5 transfers started most if not all games for a Power 5 conference team.
You do not know how Juco All-Americans work either.. :)

Reactions: ReignSupreme
When looking at players.. 1. You look at the body of work 2. You look what she does against tough teams consistently For example my daughter averages 20 ppg against small town teams but then we she plays against big cities she averages 4 pts.. Everyone thinks she is amazing in our small town but in reality she is just an average player.. lol
So you feel select games in JUCO weigh heavier than her career at Pitt?

VN Store

Back