new transfer

So what I gather from this thread is that he will be able to play next year after he sits out one. He is also a shape shifter since he ranges from 5'7 to 5'11. As a player he is known to be a very fast guy but has trouble with speed. Top notch info in here.

Reactions: 3 people
These are just some posts I saw on another board from Maryland fans talking about him, so I won't expect much, and if we get anything out of him, we win.

JTerp8
TerrapinTimes.com
Re: Justus Pickett transferring to Tennessee. Reply
WTF? When I saw Tennessee reported I thought it was like UT-Chattanooga or something. He was going to be like a 3rd down blocking back for us.

JTerp8
TerrapinTimes.com
Seemed like a good kid. Relatively smart as he kept getting some PT because he knew the play book and his blocking assignments, but legitimately the worst runner I've seen at the position at MD over the past 10 or so years.

Doubt he ever plays many downs for the vols. seen him play for Maryland and he always seemed so damn slow. No way he can make it in the sec.

These are just some posts I saw on another board from Maryland fans talking about him, so I won't expect much, and if we get anything out of him, we win.

JTerp8
TerrapinTimes.com
WTF? When I saw Tennessee reported I thought it was like UT-Chattanooga or something. He was going to be like a 3rd down blocking back for us.

JTerp8
TerrapinTimes.com
Seemed like a good kid. Relatively smart as he kept getting some PT because he knew the play book and his blocking assignments, but legitimately the worst runner I've seen at the position at MD over the past 10 or so years.

Doubt he ever plays many downs for the vols. seen him play for Maryland and he always seemed so damn slow. No way he can make it in the sec.

if a walk on is one thing but if he gets a scholarship butch doesnt get it..

r we sure he is not a james franklin spy..lol as much as we worry about vandy on here I'm supprised i haven't read that already..

JTerp8
TerrapinTimes.com

JTerp8
TerrapinTimes.com

He is far from slow. Not saying he gets much if any PT, but he is a walkon so any production is a bonus. He may be alot of things but slow isnt one of them.

JTerp8
TerrapinTimes.com

JTerp8
TerrapinTimes.com

Yeah - like when a player or coach leaves UT all have such great things to say about them on here...

Reactions: 3 people
The NCAA is kind of picky about awarding those waivers for transfer kids. It sounds like the kid will sit out a year then be like a third back behind Mr. Hurd and Mr. Paulk. He could be like a third down scat back guy. It seems like it would be tough to evaluate him because he played on a bad Maryland team the last couple of years. He offers depth and versatility---good hands to catch out of the backfield...good pickup by Butch.

So basically, after he sits out a year (assuming he will burn a redshirt), he will be a redshirt junior next season, correct? Anyone know why he is trasferring? I am assuming not much PT. Looks like he has some speed, so maybe he will be a better fit in Jones system.

The Maryland uniforms would be my guess why he is transferring

The info I've gotten is that he was slow and soft and was being buried in the depth chart at Maryland. I'm not expecting much from him honestly, but he's worth a Walk-on spot, if he's a bust, no harm done. If he becomes a stud, we win...

Wait , you got info saying he is slow and soft ? Then you say IF he is a bust , no harm ? IF he is a stud, we win ?
So what you are really saying is , you really don't have a clue about this kid ?

Reactions: 1 person
Wait , you got info saying he is slow and soft ? Then you say IF he is a bust , no harm ? IF he is a stud, we win ?
So what you are really saying is , you really don't have a clue about this kid ?

Sure, but I didn't have a clue before HE did.

I'm the MOST CLUELESS!

Correct, he was struggling and getting passed on the depth chart at Maryland, he's now transferring here as a Walkon, if he sucks, we don't lose anything since he's just a Walkon. If he turns it around and becomes a stud, we win.

No harm either way for us

Guy will never see the field at U.T. even with our lack of depth and production. I doubt he even sticks around.

Jumpthe5thman.gif

VN Store

Back