next season

No. Sorry Milo. If the Buckeyes and Vols have the same number of losses, the Buckeyes won't be picked over Tennessee. Tennessee's schedule is much tougher than Ohio State's.

Ohio State with a 11-0 record would not be picked over a 12-0 Tennessee. Neither would a 10-1 over a 11-1. The Buckeyes were 8-4 this season, while the Vols were 10-3. The Vols will be ranked higher in the preseason next year. The Vols will have 5 road games to Ohio State's 4, plus the Vols play another game away from Neyland Stadium in the SEC Championship. The Vols have road games at Florida, LSU, Alabama, Notre Dame, and Kentucky..... while Ohio State has road games over Penn St, Indiana, Minnesota, and Michigan. The Vols will have played 9 bowl teams from 2004, while Ohio State will have played only 5.... that 4 more bowl teams!

Tennessee Volunteers
@Florida (7-5)*
@LSU (9-3)*
@Alabama (6-6)*
@Notre Dame (6-6)*
@Kentucky (2-9)

Ohio State Buckeyes
@Penn State (4-7)
@Indiana (3-8)
@Minnesota (7-5)*
@Michigan (9-3)*

I'll reiterate, I'm going off how I believe the pollsters will see it. The opponnent has to be impressive for the road win to look impressive as well.

So far, Tennessee's impressive road opponnents will be:
Florida, LSU

Ohio State's:
Minnesota, Michigan

I know that Tennessee plays ND on the road as well, but that could go either way... Everybody knows that they have become a lackluster team in recent history, but we will have to see how that big question mark over ND's head unfolds next year.

Sometimes, statistics don't mean jack. I personally think that Texas, Iowa, Michigan would look considerably more appealing to the average voter than Florida, LSU and Georgia.

we will see. everything will play out. i really doubt ohio state beats texas. they stunk it up this year. i dont see how you go from 4 losses to all of a sudden undefeated. not happenning eith this team.

yes i saw a michigan choke like always and i saw them play an overrated okla state (but wasnt everyone except texas overrated in that conference?)

Yeah, that pretty much turned out to be the case in the Big XII. Also, Cal would have beaten Texas Tech under regular circumstances, but Tech would have put up a fight.

i was thinking that to but texas tech just put a huting on them. what was cal thinking.

Same thing the Vols were thinking in their two previous bowls before the Cotton Bowl. It's no excuse to lose, but it is the reason. Texas could've beaten Michigan 100-0 for all I care, Cal got screwed.

VN Store

Back