Neyland Not on USA Today’s List!

When USA Today debuted, it was known in journalism circles as "McNews." Today it would qualify as "click bait."

I don’t understand how Oregon is consistently high on these types of lists. Their stadium is a joke. I’ve been there. It’s not that loud, it’s not intimidating at all. The music and noise they played pregame and in between plays was much louder than the fans ever got.

The writer seemed excited about the upcoming renovations. I think they’ll move us up the list when the trough toilets are gone. 😂
Are you kidding? That's a Tennessee tradition. Watching that yellow river grow from hundreds of "tributaries" is as old as Neyland itself. A true shock to the younger generations that individual stalls were generally not common to us older generations. We had to learn to concentrate and ignore the elbows to the left and right. It builds character.

I don’t understand how Oregon is consistently high on these types of lists. Their stadium is a joke. I’ve been there. It’s not that loud, it’s not intimidating at all. The music and noise they played pregame and in between plays was much louder than the fans ever got.
Curious, when were you in Autzen? Who was the opponent?

Personally, I wouldn't have put Autzen at #2 and I don't know why Tennessee isn't on the list. Yes, Autzen is small compared to a lot of SEC and Big 10 schools, but when the home team in one of these large stadiums is getting spanked and the stadium is basically empty, it's not a good look.

Last edited:
Curious, when were you in Autzen? Who was the opponent?

Personally, I wouldn't have put Autzen at #2 and I don't know why Tennessee isn't on the list. Yes, Autzen is small compared to a lot of SEC and Big 10 schools, but when the home team in one of these large stadiums is getting spanked and the stadium is basically empty, it's not a good look.
2013 when we played you guys at Autzen. I will say everyone was very friendly. Nice town. I had a lot of fun. The game didn’t quite go our way though…

2013 when we played you guys at Autzen. I will say everyone was very friendly. Nice town. I had a lot of fun. The game didn’t quite go our way though…
Yea, I was there that day as well. Beautiful day especially as a Duck. Glad you enjoyed Eugene. It will be really different playing Big 10 this year. At least we have ohio st at home this year. That should be a "rocking' game.

Reactions: Evol

VN Store

Back