NFC Divisional Game: Saints at Vikings

Vikings have a better franchise history?:no:

They are the Bills of the NFC.:eek:lol:

Super Bowls
Vikings 0-4
Bills 0-4

The saints are well below .500 for their franchise history. That’s miserable. It’s not as though they are a brand new team either. They’ve been around since 1967.

Reactions: 1 person
26903688_1787229214657092_3091189819626686583_n.jpg

I suppose it depends on how old the fans are...despite the Saints having a recent SB, Vikings have had a much better franchise history.

349-432, 18 playoff games
470-390, 48 playoff games

I still consider that 98 nfc championship loss to the falcons one of the most devastating ever for a team and fan base

They went 15-1 then the kicker who hadn’t missed a field goal in 2 years missed the game winner lol

Plus that team had some aging hall of fame vets like Randall Cunningham, Cris Carter, John Randle that knew that was probably the closest they’d ever get to a super bowl

For that game alone I say they deserved to be on the right side of a miraculous win like Sunday’s

Last edited:
You could say this was just as devastating as the '98 NFCCG. Saints were the best team left (after facing a buzzsaw of a schedule this season) and they didn't lose on a FG, they lost on a miracle like no one has ever seen before.

No doubt it was a very devastating loss the saints would have had a very easy path to the super bowl had they won

I’m almost certain they beat the Eagles

But the way I see it they won a super bowl rather recently and beat warner, favre, and manning that year in the playoffs they’ve had their year

No doubt it was a very devastating loss the saints would have had a very easy path to the super bowl had they won

I’m almost certain they beat the Eagles

But the way I see it they won a super bowl rather recently and beat warner, favre, and manning that year in the playoffs they’ve had their year

Damn, they did go through some great quarterbacks to get that trophy.

Damn, they did go through some great quarterbacks to get that trophy.

That's partly why I wanted them to make the SB again this year against New England. I've always liked Brees, and if he could've gone down as the guy who beat both Manning and Brady in the Super Bowl, dude instantly enters top 5 all time discussion.

That's partly why I wanted them to make the SB again this year against New England. I've always liked Brees, and if he could've gone down as the guy who beat both Manning and Brady in the Super Bowl, dude instantly enters top 5 all time discussion.

Goes to show how crazy the sport is. That missed tackle could be the difference between Brees being on the same tier as Elway, Montana, Brady, Manning, Marino and being on the same tier as Favre, Aikman, Big Ben, Warner, Young, etc.

Still a great place to be.

Reactions: 1 person
Booked last minute flights to Philly for the game. Headed up tomorrow for cheesesteaks and pre-game festivities.

Barnett_Derek_580App_100617.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
...And then blocked his own man! I'm not sure if Crowley could have caught him or not but he would have had a chance. Williams put his head down and dove at Crowley's legs - never coming close to Diggs. I don't believe he was on the take but that looked weird as hell.

Crowley would have caught him. The receiver was facing away from the goal and had to turn around before going to the end zone. If someone was on the take this would be the way to do it.

VN Store

Back