Nico Question, Pardon My Ignorance

Future #1 draft picks don't suck. Not even as freshmen.
Sho said he would suck? I said he might not have been ready and we had a worse season. Everyone develops differently. Guess what.. plenty of number one overall picks sat behind other QBs they eventually grew to be better than.

Would you like me to post a MASSIVE list of examples?

Or he could not have been ready and we had a worse season then his confidence is shook, recruiting takes a dive, and we lose the potential for a 4 year dynasty with the young man.
Or he could have been very good and we would have had him a whole year longer. If we had very good qb play with Milton I would be ok with him sitting, but we didn't. Just my opinion, we will see next year how he does starting out. You do know he got most valuable player at the Polynesian bowl playing against the top 100 or so recruits in the nation his senior year in high school. So he had played against some good competition from the get go. Only time will tell

I don't against Florida, the defense sucked.
I disagree, we only scored 16 points against Fla, yes we played poor defense, but even worse offense. Fla scored 29, I think we would have beat them with Nico. But just my opinion, this year will tell us a lot about Nico.

Reactions: Rocky Top T
We very well may have a more explosive offense with more downfield plays, but that doesn't change the fact that Joe was the best and only real option last season. Nico was not ready for SEC football - Heupel and the coaches knew it, and Nico's family knew it. The plan was laid out before he ever set foot on campus. Why is it so hard to understand that Nico was never going to be the guy last year, period.
Never seen anythng official on the agreement to sit out. If indeed that was an agreement, I agree with you, but I cannot find anywhere where this was officially said. I am not saying it wasn't, but so far only rumors. If you have anything Nico or his family said about this I would like to see it. It would cause me to understand better

I disagree, we only scored 16 points against Fla, yes we played poor defense, but even worse offense. Fla scored 29, I think we would have beat them with Nico. But just my opinion, this year will tell us a lot about Nico.

The defense spent way too much time on the field too.

We had more yards than they did and they were on the field much more. You are right, above average QB play and we beat them pretty good last year.

Reactions: cgrish
Would've beaten then with Mays and there would be a ton less complaints about Milton.

Reactions: Rocky Top T

VN Store

Back