Nico/Vols Performance and Recruiting

Haven't seen the game yet, but heard we had some drops over the middle.
We have too many simply dropped passes for a contending team. We're open for good hands.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
I am very impressed with Nico! We have seen what CJH is capable of on offense with a great QB, Nico looks like he likely will develop into just that! I can’t imagine a Vol fan not being excited. Looks like you folks found what you need
Smartest thing you've said on here 😁

What about todays game would make a stud receiver want to come here?
Well, he was sure trying to sling it people (and it looked like he had pretty good touch and accuracy).. they just weren’t catching it.. 😂

Only remember one drop (Keyton) and one go route that was stopped early (also Keyton).
Samson dropped that shovel pass that would have been maybe 20-25 yards. Someone else dropped another one. So at least 3. I think we may have had another later. 4 drops is a lot in a game, but it didn’t matter at all today :)

Reactions: papatomany
If you're a WR unsure about where to play in 2024...

Evan Stewart (TAMU 5* WR in Transfer Portal): Come on Down!
Personally, I’d rather have a really good linebacker if I could find one available.

Well, he was sure trying to sling it people (and it looked like he had pretty good touch and accuracy).. they just weren’t catching it.. 😂
My post wasn’t a knock on Nico. He only attempted 19 passes for 150 yards and was running for his life most of the game. The leading receiver had 50 yards. if I’m a stud receiver I don’t look at this as motivation for me to play there.

Heupels offense. Nico’s arm talent.
My post wasn’t a knock on Nico. He only attempted 19 passes for 150 yards and was running for his life most of the game. The leading receiver had 50 yards. if I’m a stud receiver I don’t look at this as motivation for me to play there.

Fair…hopefully the bowl game was an excellent opportunity to see what ‘needs fixin’ so to speak 😂

Reactions: Hbg
Let's use the portal to fortify a few gaps...namely high talent WR and maybe DB. If we're strong in trenches to where we can stop run/rush QB, and be balanced on offense, look out to make some noise next year. Offseason is going to be nuts. This win feels different than Clemson last year. Iowa was never going to score with us, but putting up 35 pts on this team is more legit than what we did to Clemson w/ Joe last year. The encouraging thing for me w/ Nico was his poise and just making plays in front of him.

We scored more than mich did against them. They put up 26 points, with 147 passing and 65 yds rushing. We did better in all 3 categories. And they are currently ahead of Bama at half time.

Did you notice the 6 sacks and consistent pressure? We’re you wanting Nico injured for some reason?
Yeah, that’s exactly what I wanted. You figured me out! I also noticed he had all day to throw on many plays. My Father had a more logical response that he did have Keyton open on a bomb who seemed to lose the ball in the air, and the receivers may have had trouble getting separation.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Lot of open receivers running free that Nico never saw. So frustrating. Late on throws. First start and a freshman so time to improve. Don’t be fooled about Iowa defense….they are not has good as advertised.

Reactions: bpalmer28
Let's use the portal to fortify a few gaps...namely high talent WR and maybe DB. If we're strong in trenches to where we can stop run/rush QB, and be balanced on offense, look out to make some noise next year. Offseason is going to be nuts. This win feels different than Clemson last year. Iowa was never going to score with us, but putting up 35 pts on this team is more legit than what we did to Clemson w/ Joe last year. The encouraging thing for me w/ Nico was his poise and just making plays in front of him.
I agree. The way Nico managed the game and his emotions were the most impressive thing. He’s quick and makes reads well. I know we were down a few OLineman but I do hope we can protect him well next season. And Nico never seemed to hit a high or low with his emotions. I absolutely love that in a leader (quarterback).

Reactions: Native Orange
Lot of open receivers running free that Nico never saw. So frustrating. Late on throws. First start and a freshman so time to improve. Don’t be fooled about Iowa defense….they are not has good as advertised.
How does that go?????

You are what your record says you are.

So I guess your stats are what they are too.

Reactions: wrharvey21

VN Store

Back