Nico's comparison to other qb's

Skippy95

Archived
Like many Vol Fans, I have been somewhat disheartened by the transfer portal and watching what tools like Kiffin have been able to do. However, this weekend, I started to think about how Staes and someone like Brazzell could fit into this offense. It seems like Heup is being extremely selective with his roster selection this year. It looks like he's tailoring this offense and defense to mirror what we had in 2022, with some more impactful playmakers at running back and tight end. It remains to be seen what the receivers will be, but one can assume that Squirrel will take steps forward.

Many have compared Nico to Josh Allen and Justin Herbert, bringing me to my final thought. I think these are apt professional projections. However, I think Iamaleva is about to be something much different, especially in the veer and shoot. I think next year, Nico could have an RG III type season. The year he won the Heisman he almost put up 5,000 yards of offense, and Nico won't need to do that but we could be seeing the reconstruction of the 2011 Baylor offense.

Like many Vol Fans, I have been somewhat disheartened by the transfer portal and watching what tools like Kiffin have been able to do. However, this weekend, I started to think about how Staes and someone like Brazzell could fit into this offense. It seems like Heup is being extremely selective with his roster selection this year. It looks like he's tailoring this offense and defense to mirror what we had in 2022, with some more impactful playmakers at running back and tight end. It remains to be seen what the receivers will be, but one can assume that Squirrel will take steps forward.

Many have compared Nico to Josh Allen and Justin Herbert, bringing me to my final thought. I think these are apt professional projections. However, I think Iamaleva is about to be something much different, especially in the veer and shoot. I think next year, Nico could have an RG III type season. The year he won the Heisman he almost put up 5,000 yards of offense, and Nico won't need to do that but we could be seeing the reconstruction of the 2011 Baylor offense.
From what i have read, we are really tight on numbers. So the staff is being very selective in the portal. Also, Kiffin is taking everything he can get because Ole Miss cannot compete on the high school recruiting trail with the likes of Alabama and Georgia. What should be noted aswell is what Kiffin is doing isnt sustainable.

Really hoping we get Brazzell. Think he'd be a perfect fit in our offense. Get a little bit more help on the O-line and the offense could have a surge forward in 2024/25.

Secondary is my biggest concern, but at least if we're scoring a lot again, it'll be less of an issue.

From what i have read, we are really tight on numbers. So the staff is being very selective in the portal. Also, Kiffin is taking everything he can get because Ole Miss cannot compete on the high school recruiting trail with the likes of Alabama and Georgia. What should be noted aswell is what Kiffin is doing isnt sustainable.
What he is doing does not need to be sustainable as long as it works once. One SEC championship game or playoff spot is going to be enough to change the story at recruiting. He is doing the same thing Prime is doing in Colorado. Just on a smaller scale with better players.

What he is doing does not need to be sustainable as long as it works once. One SEC championship game or playoff spot is going to be enough to change the story at recruiting. He is doing the same thing Prime is doing in Colorado. Just on a smaller scale with better players.
What is Prime doing in Colorado? They just went 4-8 and currently hace the #51 ranked recruiting class per 247.

He talks a lot. Is that what you meant?

It’s a boom or bust for Kiffin. They are selling out and going for it all. If they don’t make it to the playoffs it will come across as a major disappointment. That’s the main risk with the way he’s building his team this offseason. If you’re gonna do what they are doing, you are saying “we are winning it all next” and anything short will have people across the football landscape piling on him. Plus they don’t have the money to sustain this. There’s just no way.

Reactions: sami and TN1111
In some ways I think Kiffin is seriously auditioning for the Bama job. Nick can't have too much left.

Recruiting is what separated Bama for years and is probably some of what the powers in Tuscaloosa want in the next coach. Kiffin hasn't been known for his recruiting, really, and I think he's polishing his resume in that area. JMO

It’s a boom or bust for Kiffin. They are selling out and going for it all. If they don’t make it to the playoffs it will come across as a major disappointment. That’s the main risk with the way he’s building his team this offseason. If you’re gonna do what they are doing, you are saying “we are winning it all next” and anything short will have people across the football landscape piling on him. Plus they don’t have the money to sustain this. There’s just no way.
To be honest, he hasnt been close to beating Nick Saban yet. Josh Heupel already did it with less talent. Take that for what its worth.

In some ways I think Kiffin is seriously auditioning for the Bama job. Nick can't have too much left.

Recruiting is what separated Bama for years and is probably some of what the powers in Tuscaloosa want in the next coach. Kiffin hasn't been known for his recruiting, really, and I think he's polishing his resume in that area. JMO

Kiffin just may be brazen enough to try that, but the harsh historical reality is that the immediate successors of legends rarely succeed to the levels expected by their respective fanbases. Any coach in their right mind should regard 'bama as a radioactive program for that reason alone when Saban finally retires.

Reactions: SayUWantAreVOLution
Kiffin just may be brazen enough to try that, but the harsh historical reality is that the immediate successors of legends rarely succeed to the levels expected by their respective fanbases. Any coach in their right mind should regard 'bama as a radioactive program for that reason alone when Saban finally retires.
I never said the boy was smart, but he is cunning.

Reactions: onevol74
What is Prime doing in Colorado? They just went 4-8 and currently hace the #51 ranked recruiting class per 247.

He talks a lot. Is that what you meant?
Uhh you've obviously not been following recruiting the past few weeks if you have to ask.

They have upgraded and replaced their entire Oline. Stole a blue chip 5 star offensive tackle in recruiting from us (Seaton). Got Will Shepherd from Vandy who is hands down the best-proven WR that hit the portal. Oh and by the way every player they lost in the portal was replaced with a better player. Then on top of that they move to the BIG12 aka refugee conference next year. So they get a better team and an easier schedule. Oh yeah we also get Sheduer Sanders behind a better oline with more weapons. They also upgraded on defense.

People forget that before the Concussion protocall started setting in on him Sheduer was putting up Heisman numbers. This dude put up 70% completion over 3200 yards 27tds and 3 ints while getting sacked 52 times in 11 games. This is on a team that had talent at RB but their online couldn't get push on a turd if they had diarrhea. Trust me Colorado will, worst case make a bowl next season which is a huge accomplishment given what he started with. The 4 wins they got this season were very impressive given their schedule and the context.

Kiffin is not having to make the desperate moves Colorado has simply because they already have a base of SEC-level talent. But he is making some splash moes that will matter. Baron is a lot more important to a defense than most people probably think because he is a decent pass rusher but more importantly, a run anchor. That being said I think we have guys that can step up and replace him on roster. The pickup is a bigger gain to OleMiss than it is a loss to UT. Plus we don't play them regular season so who cares.

But let me stop this thread is about Nico.

I do t think anyone successful enough to be considered by Bama would be too scared for the job. These guys all totally believe they are the best, how else could you be successful in a business like that?

The starting QB job at TN after Hendon Hooker should've been regarded as radioactive.

Tee got dang lucky. Without that Natty VolNation would've wanted his head for not being Peyton.

Geez man, can't you get your expectations a little higher than that?

In year 1 as a sophomore, we should be very happy with about 3,500 total yards and around 30 Totals TDs. That is somewhere in-between Hookers 2022 and Milton's 2023.

Reactions: Raebo

Are we getting BRILES??

VolForLife83,I believe that he was referring to the improvement from 21.If you want a joke,lokk into a mirror.

Uhh you've obviously not been following recruiting the past few weeks if you have to ask.

They have upgraded and replaced their entire Oline. Stole a blue chip 5 star offensive tackle in recruiting from us (Seaton). Got Will Shepherd from Vandy who is hands down the best-proven WR that hit the portal. Oh and by the way every player they lost in the portal was replaced with a better player. Then on top of that they move to the BIG12 aka refugee conference next year. So they get a better team and an easier schedule. Oh yeah we also get Sheduer Sanders behind a better oline with more weapons. They also upgraded on defense.

People forget that before the Concussion protocall started setting in on him Sheduer was putting up Heisman numbers. This dude put up 70% completion over 3200 yards 27tds and 3 ints while getting sacked 52 times in 11 games. This is on a team that had talent at RB but their online couldn't get push on a turd if they had diarrhea. Trust me Colorado will, worst case make a bowl next season which is a huge accomplishment given what he started with. The 4 wins they got this season were very impressive given their schedule and the context.

Kiffin is not having to make the desperate moves Colorado has simply because they already have a base of SEC-level talent. But he is making some splash moes that will matter. Baron is a lot more important to a defense than most people probably think because he is a decent pass rusher but more importantly, a run anchor. That being said I think we have guys that can step up and replace him on roster. The pickup is a bigger gain to OleMiss than it is a loss to UT. Plus we don't play them regular season so who cares.

But let me stop this thread is about Nico.
but unfortunately prime is not a good coach,i'm guessing he never will be.but he is one helluva self-promoter.

Literally no evidence to support that it can't be sustainable...

Why would you say that??

Tennessee has been bringing in Transfers since Malik Jackson back in 2010

If you sign 18 good high school players and then 6 really good transfers, then that will sustain your program. Every year.

It even allows you to redshirt at least 6 of those High Schoolers...

but unfortunately prime is not a good coach,i'm guessing he never will be.but he is one helluva self-promoter.
Depends on how you define 'good coach' . Do you mean Xs and O's? In that case U would bet hes at the very least good. Prime was a guy that excelled against some of histories best receivers for a long time while also playing baseball. Dont get it twisted bro. The guy knows football.

That being said his strength is being a leader if men and having the humility to surround himself with guys that know their individual specialties more than he. This is the mark imho of a great coach and all the great ones have that trait.

One thing overlooked about Deion Sanders in all his time as a player is thus. Prime is to some extent a character. Always has been. All the people that really knew him saw him as a very down to earth, humble guy thats a great teammate. Almost universally. He is the type of leader that does it from the front taking the heat off his teammates without complaint. I think that he can make colorado a consistently competitive team starting as soon as this year.

Will he be taking home nattys to boulder? Heck no. I do not think in the current conference alignments its possible for a big 12 team to become a consistent contender for national championship. The Big10 and SEC are so far ahead of everyone else now its really the power 3 with the ACC and Big12 collectively being the third.

I akso think that the idea of a dynasty like Bama had it also dead with the playoff. Along with the portal and NIL keeping all the toys isnt gonna be a thing anymore.

This fan bases obsession with Lame Kitten is pathetic. If that dude breathes, some Vol fans want to know what it smells like. He trolls is and some fans care. Just stop worrying about what that childish dolt has to say. Let him embarrass himself and pay him no mind.

I don't see the Josh Allen comparison and Herbert isn't one that would have come to my mind; however, the more I think of it the more I see it. From the limited reps he played, I thought he looked liked a more athletic and more talented Drew Lock. Nico has mainly only thrown short to middle so far but I think we will start seeing some of those Tyler Bray deep gunslinger passes as his confidence grows.

VN Store

Back