Nico's comparison to other qb's

I agree with all that. I would say Deion and Lane have a lot in common but Lane is a legitimate football coach. I think Lane is angling for a gig somewhere in the state of Florida, Miami would be probably his ideal but he would take Florida.
I just don't see them having the football "shine" Lane needs but as a stop before he gets to Bama, I can see it. Particularly, Miami.

A couple of wins over Dabo, just in case Dabo does take Bama after Saban and less competition than the SEC seem like a good career move.

Hot and cold running coeds and clubs in Miami probably isn't a bad career move either. I'll allow it.

I can already see VN edging toward "it's year 4 and we're not winning the SEC, we need another coach" mentality. Worse are the ones who say, "so you aren't a VFL, you don't expect top 5 AT LEAST recruiting classes and an SEC championship."

Recruit visit and scholarship sanctions aren't off yet and people on VN are pissed we're not recruiting at an elite level. 🤷‍♂️ Completely reasonable, right?

The expectations here crazy. It's like they expect a coach can just do anything they want or else they're "not the guy." If you disagree, "oh, so you're okay with mediocrity. Well that's not who I am "

Reality seems to have left the chat.
Those are the same people who don’t realize Clemson built a championship team without ever being in the top 5 recruiting classes. They finished top 5 after they won a championship but even that hasn’t been year in year out. I’m going off memory but it seems like the 5 years before they won the championship a few years back Clemson’s average class ranking was something like 11th. That’s average, meaning they also had worse.

Bro they went from 1-11.. every team they lost to this year was at some point ranked. They beat the brakes off TCU who played in the national championship last year. Anyone thinking they were gonna go from 1-11 to a bowl game was on crack because they were a bad 1-11 they went from that to a 4-8 team that was in all but 2 games till the end. that is a huge deal. think of it like this 2022 most games were over by the end of first quarter...this season most games they lost came down to the last play. They just replaced the problem an Oline that gave up over 50 sacks and couldn't run block worth a crap. They also added one of the better WR's from the SEC this year to a very talented WR room.
They beat a 5-7 TCU team not the one that got the crapped kicked out of them in CFP. They have not fixed OLine problem. Not sure why you think that. There schedule in 2024 is so easy it’s laughable. So they will win some games but they still won’t be any good.

They beat a 5-7 TCU team not the one that got the crapped kicked out of them in CFP. They have not fixed OLine problem. Not sure why you think that. There schedule in 2024 is so easy it’s laughable. So they will win some games but they still won’t be any good.
They replaced all the kids with better kids. If you had no door on your house and replaced it with a door would one said you'd fixed your door situation? Most of the guys they are bringing in on Oline were starters at other schools, not guys buried on the bench somewhere.

TCU was ranked when Colorado played them. Is beating a 5-7 TCU team impressive not usually unless you apply context. This was a team that the year before was losing games by an average of over 30. They moved on to be a 4 win team that lost by an average of 7. That is a huge improvement.. I know people that want to hate are gonna hate but at some point give the dude credit. They were in games all year and that's a big deal its something you can sell. Now if they don't make a bowl this season playing a Big12 schedule that's a big problem and the Boo-bears can have at it and be correct.

All that being said this is about Nico....and I think that Nico next year can be one of the top QB's in the SEC. But a lot of that depends on the moves the staff makes in the next few weeks and if the guys behind Sampson at RB are legit. Do Bru and Thornton return? Do TE's develop? We are good at Oline but all of a sudden we have serious questions at skill positions.

More people watched Colorado this year than Georgia. Whatever he's doing, it's working incredibly well.

He's a celebrity---that's all it takes to attract a lot of (how to describe them) Americans. He's the male equivalent of a Kardashian
for college football.
Yep, when KC Chiefs play Swifties that don't know Soccer from Football or vice versa, watch the Taylor Cam. It's like everybody slows down and rubber necks at car wrecks.

Colorado was the 3th most watched team in the nation this season my guy
All hype the only reason ..Every media company pushing them ..Mostly a lot of younger people .. Only question is what propaganda will come from it ? Leading the sheep...Just wonder where is the slaughter to take place and why ?

But, as we've seen, Deion is getting guys who have no business going to CO, to go to CO.

I'm not saying he'll be successful but I think that's his way of self-promoting now. If he can keep getting blue chip guys to CO, keep getting money into Boulder, keep getting on TV to say "we're building something different here"....... his job is done.

He's on TV. He's still in football. He can get more commercials. Boulder gets money.

It's not my idea of a great life, but Deion likes the sound of Deion and I can't see anyone getting hurt by what he's doing........yet.

GUYS going to CO? Last I saw he had a HS class of 6. Seems to have paid big bucks for his lead dog, who last I saw was still shopping this afternoon at Maryland. Tickle my heart to see him give Deion the boot like Deion did his roster upon arrival and for sure like fact the best OL from his state is officially a VOL as of this morning.

GUYS going to CO? Last I saw he had a HS class of 6. Seems to have paid big bucks for his lead dog, who last I saw was still shopping this afternoon at Maryland. Tickle my heart to see him give Deion the boot like Deion did his roster upon arrival and for sure like fact the best OL from his state is officially a VOL as of this morning.
He's making money for the area. Getting the occasional 5* to transfer in and hyping his brand.

It's not like anyone is getting hurt or college football is being especially destroyed by having Deion be Deion any more than having Nick be Nick.

I don't get the hate. I don't get the love either, but I do understand why CO hired him.

1-11, program going nowhere, nobody showing up for games, zero student involvement.

Deion comes and there's interest, there's people at games, there's money flowing, there's buzz.

It's harmless. Why hate?

From what i have read, we are really tight on numbers. So the staff is being very selective in the portal. Also, Kiffin is taking everything he can get because Ole Miss cannot compete on the high school recruiting trail with the likes of Alabama and Georgia. What should be noted aswell is what Kiffin is doing isnt sustainable.

Maybe not. But he has 2 10 win seasons now in the SEC West.

I mean not that anyone cares but i can proudly say I've watched absolutely zero mins of any Colorado games...

Maybe not. But he has 2 10 win seasons now in the SEC West.
No offense to aRmo but you have to be very ignorant or in complete denial to assume raiding the transfer portal won't be sustainable.

The results are already there. Colorado & Texas St showed us a complete overhaul, not quite on the level of Moneyball Theory but it scratched the surface. Ole Miss, SMU, & Louisville have hit the portal hard and have shown great results as well. Ole Miss has brought in like 40 guys in 2 years. LSU, theyve had 30+ the past two years and seen sustained results. USC was close -- not quite there.

The portal can change a team from a doormat to a conference title contender in just a matter of weeks. Or it can sustains a team's successs after a great run, as we see with LSU & Ole Miss.

It is sustainable if you have the money & prestige. This should become painfully obvious over the next decade as we see the "pay to play" super-conference come into fruition.

He's making money for the area. Getting the occasional 5* to transfer in and hyping his brand.

It's not like anyone is getting hurt or college football is being especially destroyed by having Deion be Deion any more than having Nick be Nick.

I don't get the hate. I don't get the love either, but I do understand why CO hired him.

1-11, program going nowhere, nobody showing up for games, zero student involvement.

Deion comes and there's interest, there's people at games, there's money flowing, there's buzz.

It's harmless. Why hate?

He is a figgin' narcissist and I don't like them and will utilize my free speech rights to challenge every low class, even if legal, move he makes if I so choose, like dumping his entire roster upon arrival. Early returns probably had the CO brass happy, but the trend has been awful. Great athlete, lousy human.

He is a figgin' narcissist and I don't like them and will utilize my free speech rights to challenge every low class, even if legal, move he makes if I so choose, like dumping his entire roster upon arrival. Early returns probably had the CO brass happy, but the trend has been awful. Great athlete, lousy human.
I get it. He's a narcissist. He's not my kind of guy either. You can do as you wish, I just don't waste much time on him. He's like Chevy Chase, he doesn't matter much anymore except on rare occasions like a Christmas movie.

The Colorado admins were apparently fine with him ditching virtually the entire team. NO COACH gets away with that without the AD and above being complicit.

CO made itself a sideshow by hiring him, but it made a heck of a lot of money and I guess it was worth it for them.

They were watched more than us
Exactly. And that's what has driven college football for several years.

I don't think bad football, like CO still plays, can sustain those numbers but supposedly Deion has brought millions of dollars to the Boulder/Denver area and merch sales to the school.

If I were an admin there, as long as Deion keeps his arrogance and flash to a reasonable level and the spotlight is bringing in the money, he can go 4-8 every year.

In some ways I think Kiffin is seriously auditioning for the Bama job. Nick can't have too much left.

Recruiting is what separated Bama for years and is probably some of what the powers in Tuscaloosa want in the next coach. Kiffin hasn't been known for his recruiting, really, and I think he's polishing his resume in that area. JMO
He did sign the #1 RB in the country his short time here.. I’ll never forget the Bryce Brown chants during the Orange and White game and him signing shortly after. It was such a cool little moment that was ruined by absolute chaos.

Colorado was the 3th most watched team in the nation this season my guy
Only because ESPN put them on in every state. No one was seeking them out. Those numbers are extremely misleading. How many times has Colorado vs Colorado St outside outs last year been broadcast in Tennessee television history? Let alone be broadcast in every state for many consecutive weeks. ESPN is pushing Neon, he's not really doing anything. Hell, they got worse as the season went on. That's a sign of bad coaching. Go ahead and believe but they are a terrible team and won't get better.

VN Store

Back