Nitpicking the Nooga Game

Kicking game ( punt returns ) field the damn ball and stop letting it roll another 10 to 15 yards. Need someone that is fearless and won't go down with a arm tackle. Peyton Lewis comes to mind.

Larry Seivers really had no speed, but he had great vertical leap, great hands and was fearless and tough as nails.
Clinton had not beat Oak Ridge since Noah started building a boat. Larry Seivers changed that, he made some unbelievable catches. Larry was also one of the most humble people you ever met.

Clinton had not beat Oak Ridge since Noah started building a boat. Larry Seivers changed that, he made some unbelievable catches. Larry was also one of the most humble people you ever met.
Nice story.
I had an ice cream shop in the Shelbourne Towers arcade and he used to come in to get a double dip of his favorite ice cream. He was always as nice and polite as could be.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
I happen to think differently based on what I saw in the game. That's my rephrase.;)
Well one of us will have to eat crow down the line. I think we should both agree it would be best if that’s you 😂

Well one of us will have to eat crow down the line. I think we should both agree it would be best if that’s you 😂
You may have to, I don't. On account, I've made no bet with you, or any other statement obligating a penalty for being wrong. Said, I happen to think different than you and left it at that. In truth, I hope I am wrong, cause some of the teams we have yet to face, we better have the speed to outrun pursuit. Otherwise, it will cost us big time. 🥺

Last edited:
Reactions: vegasvolfan
You may have to, I don't. On account, I've made no bet with you, or any other statement obligating a penalty for being wrong. Said, i happen to think different than you and left it at that. In truth, I hope I am wrong, cause some of the teams we have yet to face, we better have the speed to outrun pursuit. Otherwise, it will cost us big time. 🥺
I’m definitely not betting. I am watching the game again and see what you are saying. Albeit on one catch, Thornton was bobbling the ball as he ran after the ball hit his hands, so he secured it and when down. The first TD, he seemed to just not try and accelerate as if he knew the defender wasn’t going to take him down and was confident he would score. Perhaps these guys were trying to avoid injury in a meaningless game? That might explain the easy to be tackled point you made. Bru on the other hand can’t help himself lol. Looks like they gave him some deeper routes or at least one as the game went on. Probably taking it easy on him being his first time back after injury. Albeit, those short passes drew him the most contact!

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
I think our RBs are mostly quick, but also bruisers. They run hard, hit holes hard, and don't seem to like defense guys. Our running game, might, just might, out gain our passing game this season. Beyond that, it seems, I emphasize, seems to be built for both winning shoot-outs, and grind out.

I think our RBs are mostly quick, but also bruisers. They run hard, hit holes hard, and don't seem to like defense guys. Our running game, might, just might, out gain our passing game this season. Beyond that, it seems, I emphasize, seems to be built for both winning shoot-outs, and grind out.
Check out the number of run plays vs pass plays since Heupel has been here. We've got one of the strongest run games in the country. People forget about days of running for 184 yards against Bama in 2022. Our big pass plays Garner the attention. The reason we have those is because of our STOUT run game

Check out the number of run plays vs pass plays since Heupel has been here. We've got one of the strongest run games in the country. People forget about days of running for 184 yards against Bama in 2022. Our big pass plays Garner the attention. The reason we have those is because of our STOUT run game
Cool. I still say we're built to wage a shoot out war, or WW1 mud slopping in the trenches.

More than likely, I'm putting a target on my back. Don't care, being honest, sides, I like creative responses Vols fans give.

NP1 - Our WRs appear to be darn good at getting separation. BUT (you knew it was coming) they showed no breakaway speed post catch.
NP2 - Our WRs, dang! They have glue hands, including catching balls when tightly covered. BUT seem too easily brought down afterward.
NP3 - Our DBs still seem to let opponents catch passes a bitt too easily. BUT, they also seem to tackle better.

Something I liked - Apparently, seating area with chairs don't attract bipedal whales. If factual, Shirley and just might start attending games again.
Something I LOVED - It's so great seeing our boys having fun again playing the game. They keep it up, they'll surely cure BVS.
View attachment 672529
Ainge talked about how the receivers stood around too much when Nico scrambled and struggled with the scramble drill, especially at TE.

This collection of receivers are as good as we've had in my lifetime, IMO. As a fan, I go back to the late 60s. Seems like every one of them has great hands. Nico throws ropes and darts, but hits them on target and in stride
Right there with you on that. These guys meet or surpass the collective 90's, early 2000's, and throw in the Tyler Bray WR corps that featured Justin Hunter/Cordarrelle Patterson while we are at it.

The only thing that jumps out to me, as many have already pointed out, being able to break away after contact. Outside of Bru, it seems to be commonplace. Would love to have seen some of the guys that played for us in the dark years under Heupel's system, such a fun thought of what might have been.

We are in great hands though.

VN Store

Back