Nolan in the portal?

He missed a month and played the last few games
Nolan didn’t miss any games this year. aTm had an Open Date the week after playing the Vols, and he played in their next game against USCe.
To me, that makes the scene with him bawling while being carted off Shields-Watkins Field in a meat wagon look a little curious.

Reactions: OllVol and TMvol10
Prob end up at Bama or UGA.
THIS^ everyone saw the 2 most instrumental players #3 Burton & #17 Marshall made big plays, to secure that game for Bama both portals from Georgia. This is a microcosm of why it is going to be very hard for any team not named Bama & UGA to make the trek to the top. Their getting all the best Jimmie & Joes and when it don't work out at one, they portal to the other. I look for Nolan to land at one of them unless he has some bad personal problems.

Reactions: John Sapp
He left Neyland on a cart, crying his eyes out. No injury reported. Soft.
Ever been hurt playing football?...Ever had 300 pound men fall on you at full speed?...Ever had a helmet planted right in your chest to the point it feels like you'll never breath again?....I didn't think so, Go sit down in your recliner and have another beer and stop talking nonsense.

I hear he's entitled and lazy. True or not?
I can't speak to those traits, but his motor didn't impress me in the limited number of times I watched him play. He does, however, have a flair for the dramatic. When he got injured and carted off, one would have thought he'd just stepped on a claymore and blown his leg off. Wonder how his surgery/rehab are going and will he ever play again?

Reactions: OllVol
Not for sure Nolan is the kind of person we need. Clearly not referring to his size, speed or athletic abilities. With all the stuff well documented he’s probably better off at Texas maybe. I don’t know him personally but know people who do.
Lets just wish him well and sit this one out.

Reactions: feathersax
Not for sure Nolan is the kind of person we need. Clearly not referring to his size, speed or athletic abilities. With all the stuff well documented he’s probably better off at Texas maybe. I don’t know him personally but know people who do.
Lets just wish him well and sit this one out.
Yep. Stranger things happen, but he and Garner would be like oil and water. Not sure he's Rodney's kind of player.

Walter was part of the whole Pruitt scandal, I wonder if that will impact anything..
Maybe.. but i dont think his name was mentioned as much as Mim's name was. Plus the investigation is over i dont think that will have any effect on this.

If the staff wants him, then I noone should have any reservations and can probably ignore what your uncle cletus said he knew about the kid.

Don't care about the past, we need talent on defense. If he wants to come home I will welcome him with open arms. Pearce and Nolan could wreck one side of an offensive line and I'm all for it. We need players like this to close the gap, let the staff keep his attitude in check.

VN Store

Back