Non-conference Rival For Tennessee

duckman398686

VN's One and Only
If you had a choice to pick a non-conference opponent to put on the schedule each year for tennessee, who would it be and why?

Michigan is my choice.

It just seems to be a program that matches up well with Tennessee. Big House vs. Neyland. North vs. South. Big Ten vs. SEC. Plus we have a lot of Michigan fans in my area due to the Saturn plant.

The "other" UT, Texas, so we could battle for the rights to the name or maybe THE :rolleyes: Ohio State University

Originally posted by volshistory@Apr 6, 2005 6:53 AM
Michigan is my choice.

It just seems to be a program that matches up well with Tennessee. Big House vs. Neyland. North vs. South. Big Ten vs. SEC. Plus we have a lot of Michigan fans in my area due to the Saturn plant.

:clap: That's a rivalry I can get behind.

I'm in Saturn country too, so Michigan would be great, but I also like playing ND and the wee little people.

Originally posted by volmanjr@Apr 6, 2005 10:38 AM
I'm in Saturn country too, so Michigan would be great, but I also like playing ND and the wee little people.

notre dame or miami.

i do like the idea of michigan. miami plays too dirty.

Originally posted by milohimself+Apr 6, 2005 10:28 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (milohimself @ Apr 6, 2005 10:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-volshistory@Apr 6, 2005 6:53 AM
Michigan is my choice. 

It just seems to be a program that matches up well with Tennessee.  Big House vs. Neyland.  North vs. South.  Big Ten vs. SEC.  Plus we have a lot of Michigan fans in my area due to the Saturn plant.

:clap: That&#39;s a rivalry I can get behind. [/quote]
I agree, my boss is from Michigan and I always love bringing up the 2001 bowl game. :machinegun:

:welcome: to the board IowaVolsFan. Like the rest of you, I would like to see Michigan, Texas, Miami or Ohio State but would like to add Florida State to the list.

Originally posted by milohimself+Apr 6, 2005 10:28 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (milohimself @ Apr 6, 2005 10:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-volshistory@Apr 6, 2005 6:53 AM
Michigan is my choice. 

It just seems to be a program that matches up well with Tennessee.  Big House vs. Neyland.  North vs. South.  Big Ten vs. SEC.  Plus we have a lot of Michigan fans in my area due to the Saturn plant.

:clap: That&#39;s a rivalry I can get behind. [/quote]
I have to agree it would have to be Michigan.

From a respect standpoint, I don&#39;t know how we&#39;ve gone so long without playing Michigan, USC, Texas or Oklahoma...If you think about it, we need to play these guys to get the respect we all know we deserve. I get absolutely sick hearing about how many points USC and Oklahoma rack up on people...If they play UT, they may win, but they won&#39;t score 50 points. And if we win, then Herbstreit and Corsa can roll it, lick it, and smoke it&#33;

and dont 4get rese davis... but we played mich not too long ago at the citrus bowl... 2000 i think...

Notre Dame would have to be number 1. After that I would put Memphis. As for the other teams, we either don&#39;t play them that much or at all. And with Memphis it is an in-state rival.

Virginia Tech Because i live in va and i have to listen to it year after year about how good they are and i would just love to kick there butt year after year&#33;Or The Univeristy of Nebraska just cause they hammered us in 97&#33;

Originally posted by Volunteer@Apr 6, 2005 5:34 PM
test

Nice first post from your Treo dude. You are gonna have to do a little better with that thumb keyboard.

nebraska ans missouri(because i live 2 hours from MU and i would get to go watch my vols when they came to columbia)

VN Store

Back