Nostalgia: What would your bring back from your childhood?

JackBombero

Vol For Life
The Crystal Pepsi thread got me thinking of several things from childhood that aren't around any longer. That and the fact that the Be Like Mike commercial is now 25 years old.

What are some things you miss from your childhood?

SATURDAY MORNING CARTOONS.
Air Jordan IVs
Montreal Expos
Dunkaroos

What else ya got?

a few local eateries that were my favorites, but are now gone since the owners passed - Old Comiskey Park in Chicago -- pro sports before free agency

Fishing with my dad
Summer adventures playing outside till it was too dark to see
Staying up all night playing Madden or NCAA football
My lab Champ the best dog ever

Reactions: 3 people
My dad, especially going to the gym with him when I was real young.

As for material stuff, graham Chex.

Saturday mornings: Cartoons and ESPN outdoors leading into the early days of College Gameday.

Matchbox cars and hot wheels.

Going to Toys R Us and seeing the water gun aisle at the first of summer.

Saturday and Sunday afternoon rasslin shows.

TGIF when it was awesome.

Reactions: 2 people
I would bring all the 1952-1959 Topps baseball cards I had.

I remember riding my bike to the small gas station down the road and buying a pack of Topps or Donruss cards. Eating the super hard stick of bubblegum while searching through the cards and checking the "worth" in my Beckett Monthly .

My brother getting me a bowl of cereal and us watching Saturday morning cartoons in the den.

Being able to leave the house after breakfast, playing all day, and coming home when the street lights come on.

Local neighborhood football games.

Good times!

Reactions: 1 person
The Raiders being a feared NFL Team. Record stores, Kmart when it was better than disgusting, Sears and Penny's selling guns and fishing gear.

Reactions: 2 people
Renting video games at the local mom and pop video store

It really is amazing...I probably have access to 1000s of movies instantly and can watch cartoons 24/7 but I miss getting up early to watch cartoons and rounding up enough money to rent a video game for the weekend

Reactions: 3 people
Sitting by the UT sign looking into the stadium before they enclosed the South endzone. Of course I like the stadium being enclosed, but that was a cool vantage point.

image.jpg

Speaking of Saturday cartoons..I remember when Fox was a new station and they showed cartoons like Garfield and Inspector Gadget at 4pm...that was awesome!

Reactions: 1 person
It really is amazing...I probably have access to 1000s of movies instantly and can watch cartoons 24/7 but I miss getting up early to watch cartoons and rounding up enough money to rent a video game for the weekend

Nothing like watching Saturday morning cartoons. That was pretty much the only time I was indoors outside of school when young.

I also was a big fan of arcades. Spent most of the two days I was at the Knoxville World's Fair in the arcade playing Donkey Kong.

I would kill to be 15 again playing dunkball on a 9' goal with my friends. That's as pure as sports get.

VN Store

Back