Not public knowledge yet, but FYI on Saban...

Another white flag to the inevitability of NIL. Leaving Smart as the little boy…
dutch-boy.png

Been told by someone close to situation that Saban left due to Ms. Terry having dementia and next coach will be Dan Lanning. Shall see if this turns out to be true.
I hope that first part is not true. In all seriousness I would not wish it on anyone. Our family is dealing with it. If true and he is quitting to care for her then good for him.

Sources told Low that Saban had grown increasingly frustrated with "what college football had turned into. He's all about team and building a team and developing players, and now the only thing that seems to matter is who can get what in the NIL and who can get the biggest deal."

Only a fool who knows nothing about the history of programs paying "student athletes" for decades would believe the B*** S*** that is in the above quote.

Let me give it a shot in translating what that really means.

Saban no longer has the advantage in paying players while the NCAA turns a blind eye to his program while punishing his opponents for the same behavior. Now that it is a level playing field he can no longer compete.

I hope that first part is not true. In all seriousness I would not wish it on anyone. Our family is dealing with it. If true and he is quitting to care for her then good for him.
I agree. I will give Nick credit. He was a great coach and IF it's true on Ms Terry, then I will respect him even more from walking away from the game to address more important issues (than the game). My mom had it for 10 years and it's a sad period to go through. Her last 2 years was painful to watch. Like you said, I do not wish it on anyone and hope that it's just an untrue rumor.

Yeah, my wife's father I'm sure has it, although undiagnosed. Due to some of the problems we have had with him for the last year, year and a half, we finally had to get a restraining order against him. Sounds harsh, I know, but his neighbors are protecting him from being diagnosed, even have gotten a quit claim deed to his home and property. It's really a sad situation.

Reactions: Frank Duncan
Pretty lousy neighbors it would seem. My dad is not violent but when you consider a man who worked in a paper mill 40 years as an electrician and later a supervisor, but then could not figure out how to change a light bulb... the mind is gone and they are not the same person anymore. Why would anyone not not want them to get treatment.

Only a fool who knows nothing about the history of programs paying "student athletes" for decades would believe the B*** S*** that is in the above quote.

Let me give it a shot in translating what that really means.

Saban no longer has the advantage in paying players while the NCAA turns a blind eye to his program while punishing his opponents for the same behavior. Now that it is a level playing field he can no longer compete.

Best freaking explanation, truthful, and honest post I've read in quiet sometime. $50,000 dollars cash and a Dodge Charger under the table doesn't feed the bulldog any longer.

Could not agree more. I'm dealing with it now. Painful to watch anyone go out with this dreadful, cruel disease.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Yeah, my wife's father I'm sure has it, although undiagnosed. Due to some of the problems we have had with him for the last year, year and a half, we finally had to get a restraining order against him. Sounds harsh, I know, but his neighbors are protecting him from being diagnosed, even have gotten a quit claim deed to his home and property. It's really a sad situation.

Has a Conservatorship been established to properly protect the patient's assets? I had to go that route after my mother's Alzheimer's condition declined to the point where a Power of Attorney was no longer a viable option. The Conservator's role is legally exacting and time-consuming, but I served in that capacity for nearly 8 years prior to Mom's death.

Is your father-in-law exhibiting a level of aggression, hostility, irritability or short-temperedness that is historically out of character for him? As control of the centers of inhibition declines neurologically, it becomes manifest in widely different forms among Alzheimer's patients. It might be worth contacting an attorney about his neighbors; their behavior seems, to put it mildly, highly suspect.

Yes, serving long-term as a primary-care provider for an Alzheimer's patient will test you to your core like no other disease because of its slow, sad, lengthy progression. As Nancy Reagan once described it, Alzheimer's truly is the "long, slow goodbye." After my mother succumbed from it, I was shocked to learn from the hospice providers that roughly 20% of primary-care providers for Alzheimer's patients die from the unrelenting stress before the patient actually does so. However, that study specifically applied to the spouses of Alzheimer's patients, as opposed to children who serve in that capacity.

Regardless of financial considerations, anyone who chooses to care for their loved one at home to the very end, as opposed to relegating them to a nursing home, has my utmost respect. Retrospectively, that long, demanding process can exert a positive and spiritually transformative effect.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back