'25 NV OL Douglas Utu (Tennessee commit)

We land Sanders and we very well could start 2 true freshmen next year on OL
I hope not no disrespect to neither I just hope the development of some of the older players and the fact that we signed a really good OL class last year prevents them from having to start… OL is the one position I feel is never ready to start as a true freshman in the sec… I know it happens but 2 would be wild I do think they play early and often just hope we don’t need the to start them year 1.

Last edited:
I hope not no disrespect to neither I just hope the development of some of the older players and the fact that we signed a really good OL class last year prevents them from having to start… OL is the one position I feel is never ready to start as a true freshman in the sec… I know it happens but 2 would be wild I do think they play early and often just hope we don’t need the to start year 1.
David Sanders is Trey Smith level good my guy, he absolutely has a great shot at starting day 1 next year

Reactions: WillisWG
David Sanders is Trey Smith level good my guy, he absolutely has a great shot at starting day 1 next year
I hope he is and I still hope we don’t need him to start day 1. None of the people he is currently blocking will be close to what he will see on a weekly basis at UT not to say he can’t adjust quickly and earn the spot but I would hope guys that’s been in the program 3 and 4 years could beat out a freshman… Trey started because he was really good and we was very mediocre on the OL… but like I said if they come earn it more power to them but we should have some grown men in year 3 next year ready to take the tackle spot opposite of heard… give David that year to grow and become more comfy in the scheme then let him dominate in year 2.

I hope he is and I still hope we don’t need him to start day 1. None of the people he is currently blocking will be close to what he will see on a weekly basis at UT not to say he can’t adjust quickly and earn the spot but I would hope guys that’s been in the program 3 and 4 years could beat out a freshman… Trey started because he was really good and we was very mediocre on the OL… but like I said if they come earn it more power to them but we should have some grown men in year 3 next year ready to take the tackle spot opposite of heard… give David that year to grow and become more comfy in the scheme then let him dominate in year 2.
Trey also was starting on the inside and not being put on an island as a tackle. Also came ready size wise. Sanders will need to put on weight so we’ll see. Has the chance to be special tho

lol no way. If we have to start two true FR on the OL that means something went wrong bad. Sanders, maybe and I mean maybe could start. It’s kind of rare for a true FR to start on the OL in the SEC.
Last time we started 2 highly ranked freshmen Oline it was a rough season. DW did OK, but Morris struggled. RS them if possible unless they are Trey Smith size level.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Sanders needs to add some weight but he's 6'-6'' and 280 to 290 lbs (On3 vs 247) physically he will be in a ready to start in the SEC. But the longer he's in the system he will just become more of a freak.

I agree with others though, rather he doesn't have to start. Hope he gets plenty of clean up duty though because he won't be here after three years anyway.

Anyone else feel like VQ just kind of glossed over this commitment? Barely discussed in this weeks pods.

I’m just saying - considering he is rated by some sites as a 5 star and he seems truly elite…. Unless there was stuff on the site not shared here (doubtful) then it just kinda feels like this wasn’t given the attention it probably should have. One of the best OL commits we’ve landed in years.

Anyone else feel like VQ just kind of glossed over this commitment? Barely discussed in this weeks pods.

I’m just saying - considering he is rated by some sites as a 5 star and he seems truly elite…. Unless there was stuff on the site not shared here (doubtful) then it just kinda feels like this wasn’t given the attention it probably should have. One of the best OL commits we’ve landed in years.
Omaha was the Tennessee Headline this week...

I think it's because he projects at the unsexy position of guard. The two sites that have him as a top-15 player also still list him as an OT. On3 (VQ platform) is the lowest ranked service for Utu, as well.

Sanders as an athlete- absolutely.

But Trey was ready from a strength standpoint Day-one. Very rare for a lineman to be ready strength wise as a 17-18 year old fresh out of HS.

Sanders has a great frame, but it’s still pretty slim. I have no doubt he will still make an impact as a true freshman but I think he needs a good year of S&C to be able hold down that spot all game long. I think he’ll rotate as a true freshman but be the main guy by his sophomore year

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Sanders as an athlete- absolutely.

But Trey was ready from a strength standpoint Day-one. Very rare for a lineman to be ready strength wise as a 17-18 year old fresh out of HS.

Sanders has a great frame, but it’s still pretty slim. I have no doubt he will still make an impact as a true freshman but I think he needs a good year of S&C to be able hold down that spot all game long. I think he’ll rotate as a true freshman but be the main guy by his sophomore year
LT will be Heard’s that first season…so rotate at RT?

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

Did this get posted?

Im no expert on breaking down a players film, but even I can see this kid is different. His footwork is extremely good. He can really move for a big guy. And is nasty when finishing blocks. I know we recruited him as a guard, but he can probably play every position.

I think the only reaaon he isn't a tackle is his height and wingspan.

Really, really good player.

VN Store

Back