'25 NV OL Douglas Utu (Tennessee commit)

Sorry, took offense to "case closed" everyone should know nothing is closed until they get through a training camp at least. How many people were thought to play a certain position by the staff only to find out there was a better fit elsewhere? Nothing personal just thought that specific quote was the final word and that isn't the case, may be but isn't right now.

It’s certainly a great problem to have, I think.

Don’t forgot Warren. 6’7 340 and can move.

I believe Heupel finally has the o-line to where you don’t need the transfer portal.

Unpopular opinion by me, by Sanders doesn’t start as a freshman. I think he plays a lot and then starts at the left side in his 2nd year.
Well yeah cause Lance Heard will still be here then.

It’s certainly a great problem to have, I think.

Don’t forgot Warren. 6’7 340 and can move.

I believe Heupel finally has the o-line to where you don’t need the transfer portal.

Unpopular opinion by me, by Sanders doesn’t start as a freshman. I think he plays a lot and then starts at the left side in his 2nd year.
There is a chance, in fact thats likely but I would think he would start over Utu. That being said the portal thing kind of changes how coaches will approach these situations I think. In the past, if you had 2 guys one upperclassman and one talented freshman the older is gonna win out 9/10 unless the difference in talent is so overwhelming you cant deny it. Especially on the Oline. But the portal changes that.

The 105 man roster will also have some interesting effects. It seems like an upgrade on the surface but it means the vast majority of football teams will be a lot smaller because its a hard cap. UT's current roster has 123 Nebraska has over 150. There are currently no limits on walkons. JJ Watt was a walk on.. as was Stetson Bennet, Clay Matthews, Antonio Brown and Jordy Nelson. Now it can be argued that those players may have gotten schollys under a 105 man roster.. but Watts only offer was as a TE at a directional university. He bet on himself and walked on as a DE in the big10.

Reactions: ArdentVol
I think our depth is finally at a point where we won’t be playing super freshman on the Oline.

It’s nice that we’re finally there.
Oh yeah for sure. Offensive line is a development position and it should take the best players a year minimum to see the field, but there is always exceptions and sometimes a recruit is so good they make their own spot. For Sanders he is 290 of good weight. If he comes in at and quickly adds into his frame while keeping his athleticism this might be the case here, but I'm not putting the pressure of having to start as a freshman for him.

Trey Smith started inside, but that was a significantly worst roster.

My way to early 2025 Oline is (W/o Transfers)
LT: Heard
LG: Sham
C: Lang
RG: Bussell/Ginther
RT: Larry Johnson/ Warren B./J.Heard

Obviously RG and RT are a little up for grabs but I struggle to think we will have 4 completely new Starters on the oline Nico’s last year. I would be surprised if we don’t Bring in A veteran RG and then have one of our young tackles win the RT spot. UTU will be in the running for RG in 2026 though.

Obviously RG and RT are a little up for grabs but I struggle to think we will have 4 completely new Starters on the oline Nico’s last year. I would be surprised if we don’t Bring in A veteran RG and then have one of our young tackles win the RT spot. UTU will be in the running for RG in 2026 though.
Not much to argue from me, but I think Satterwhite ends up our long term answer at center.

Karic will have another year of eligibility

I feel like the freshman and sophomore and RS linemen are gonna get lots of playing time this year to get them more ready for next year.

Reactions: Smokey19rt

VN Store

Back