'25 NV OL Douglas Utu (Tennessee commit)

Agree. I think Warren and Perry are RTs and Sanders is a LT. You don’t sign a player of Sanders’ caliber and put him at any position other than LT. I think Perry is versatile, so I could also see him playing Guard with Warren at RT.

The young talent we suddenly have amassed at OLine is exciting.
Sanders could slide inside for a year then slide out to LT once Heard leaves for the draft.

Sanders could slide inside for a year then slide out to LT once Heard leaves for the draft.
I could definitely see that.

We also have guys like Duncan and Heard who have the size and athleticism to become into fantastic OTs, but will need to develop. And I liked what I saw of Satterwhite at Center.

This is fun.

I could definitely see that.

We also have guys like Duncan and Heard who have the size and athleticism to become into fantastic OTs, but will need to develop. And I liked what I saw of Satterwhite at Center.

This is fun.
You said it there. He looked comfortable and solid the entire time. No bad snaps and blocked well. Makes me feel a hell of a lot better for next year and going forward. Will have him for 4 years at our most important position on the line.

Still think the staff would insert Dayne if something happened to Coop tho.

You said it there. He looked comfortable and solid the entire time. No bad snaps and blocked well. Makes me feel a hell of a lot better for next year and going forward. Will have him for 4 years at our most important position on the line.

Still think the staff would insert Dayne if something happened to Coop tho.
Agree with all of that. At one time last year, Hubbs reported that they were high on Lang as a future Center. He seems to have leveled off, but maybe he’s a guy who, by his 3rd year will become a good backup.

Satterwhite is the Center next year and will be good. Just need to develop some depth behind him. Between Lang, Nic Moore, and maybe Max Anderson, we should be able to develop a solid backup.

Agree. I think Warren and Perry are RTs and Sanders is a LT. You don’t sign a player of Sanders’ caliber and put him at any position other than LT. I think Perry is versatile, so I could also see him playing Guard with Warren at RT.

The young talent we suddenly have amassed at OLine is exciting.
Really under appreciated that we found our next center in Satterwhite as well.

Edit: well you basically say the same thing one post ahead of me.
1725311363421.gif

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Really under appreciated that we found our next center in Satterwhite as well.

Edit: well you basically say the same thing one post ahead of me.
View attachment 672877
Been saying it all off-season. 😎 Doubt he redshirts…he needs every superfluous snap to prepare for being the guy next season.

Most definitely, we have not had an answer for Coop going down since Carvin graduated. It feels good to solve that one, and potentially another hit committed already.
Nic Moore primed to redshirt and back Satterwhite in that RS season…#RosterManagement101

Barring a Mays injury though he can still play in 3 additional games and a bowl while still keeping this RS.
Vysn Lang is also there at center. If they believe Satterwhite is better than they won’t redshirt him just to give those snaps to Lang.

Reactions: Go Fight Win
Warren was who i was referring to. I think that RT spot is his if he lives up to his offer list
Maybe, but typically a kid of Sanders caliber is coming in college ready. I don't think Warren has the athletic ability of Sanders either. Either way, a great problem to have.

Maybe, but typically a kid of Sanders caliber is coming in college ready. I don't think Warren has the athletic ability of Sanders either. Either way, a great problem to have.
Sanders talent wise is fine. But he could use a year with the strength staff to maximize his potential like most young linemen

Sanders plays LT and Warren plays RT..and Warren will be a sophomore. We’re past the days have having to start freshmen. Perry Sham and Jeremius Heard would also get a chance at RT. I’ve been wrong before but I’d be shocked if Sanders starts next year

You’re right thought , Warren isn’t as athletic as Sanders, but that’s not quite as necessary at RT as LT. Trey Smith is a good example, he wasn’t agile enough for LT

Sanders talent wise is fine. But he could use a year with the strength staff to maximize his potential like most young linemen
Possibly, I know his recruiting profile is wrong. He's not 270 but closer to 300 now and it's very lean. He doesn't have bad weight to lose to them turn in to good weight. He could easily be ready to rock if he's an early enrollment. I think he ultimately does move to left Tackle but Lance has another year and if the goal is to play your best 5 then Sanders is more than likely one of them. All I'm really saying is I think he has a legitimate shot and either way it's a really good problem to have.

Sanders plays LT and Warren plays RT..and Warren will be a sophomore. We’re past the days have having to start freshmen. Perry Sham and Jeremius Heard would also get a chance at RT. I’ve been wrong before but I’d be shocked if Sanders starts next year
I would tend to agree that Sanders doesn't start next year but there will be 4 spots open going into 2025. He could always slide inside for a year than out to LT for 2026.

I think Sham is a Guard now. We have so many Tackle bodies that a tweener/hybrid like Sham is no longer needed at OT. He CAN play RT, but it’s not his best position and we have better options now. He’ll be an athletic Guard and, I believe, will start next year.

This is another sign of the program’s health because he would most certainly be a viable OT option for most of the last 15 years.

Perry and Heard are exciting OT prospects. I think Heard could even be a stud at LT if Sanders weren’t the successor to the other Heard at that spot.

VN Store

Back