Official 2014 FIFA World Cup Thread

Unabashed homer alert:

I feel like we're already seeing the makings of a 2-2 draw with Portugal, and/or Germany already having the top spot locked up by the final day of group play and running out the 2nd team. I know that's not usually the German's MO, and I'm not saying they'll take pity on JK, but maybe they won't risk their stars in the heat?

Explain to me a situation where Germany would have the 1st place locked up going into our game.

Germany beats Portugal and Ghana

Everyone else ties in their two games.

Well yeah. But I would feel much better going into the hardest game of the group with more than two points and Germany having six. At this point, beat Ghana and draw Portugal, we are through.

Germany looks to be the favorite, no? I'm rooting for Netherlands (or US if we make it past group play).

Well yeah. But I would feel much better going into the hardest game of the group with more than two points and Germany having six. At this point, beat Ghana and draw Portugal, we are through.

Obviously. You asked how Germany could have the group secure after 2 games.

The Ghana game just went from 'hope for a result' to a must win. Must, must, must.

If we win tonight, I'll fancy our chances to head against Germany with a chance to win the group head to head against them.

Germany proved it was a mismatch and won easily.
Like the score it was never close, this was like a honda accord racing a lamborghi diablo complete freakin mismatch.

Wow. That went well for ze Germans, I'd say.... :)

Portugal was dangerous the first 20 minutes, but then didn't find an answer to the game situation. If the US are as physical as I expect them to be (and Klinsmann claims they are), that should be winnable. Now go for that 3 points tonight, and everything might work out well.

Wow. That went well for ze Germans, I'd say.... :)

Portugal was dangerous the first 20 minutes, but then didn't find an answer to the game situation. If the US are as physical as I expect them to be (and Klinsmann claims they are), that should be winnable. Now go for that 3 points tonight, and everything might work out well.
all of the sudden we're not playing with house money.

Not that much has changed. Beat Ghana, draw Portugal, don't get boat raced by Germany. That's still the way through, just like it's been since the draw. A couple players missing for Portugal will help though.
If we beat Ghana my sights are on facing Germany with a chance to win the group. Wev cannot let this opportunity slip.

Not that much has changed. Beat Ghana, draw Portugal, don't get boat raced by Germany. That's still the way through, just like it's been since the draw. A couple players missing for Portugal will help though.
The formula may be the same but the likelihood of success is increased measurably. Can't hide behind the group of death.

Why no black boots? Supposedly it gives you a psychological advantage because it makes the opponents brain register that you're slower.

VN Store

Back