Official 2014 FIFA World Cup Thread

Haha I thought that was his hand too but it belongs to a Ghana player trying to get him off the pitch

Good lord! I'm embarrassed. You're right. I still heard he was some sort of neo-Nazi supporter, but I be damned if I know. I'm just a spectator.

Maybe he was just trying to get some publicity for a business or something. But the lightning bolt (and at a Germany v. Ghana game) was tone deaf at best.

Maybe he was just trying to get some publicity for a business or something. But the lightning bolt (and at a Germany v. Ghana game) was tone deaf at best.

Several articles I read said he had some sort of pro-Nazi message painted on his body. Also, at least one group of German fans showed up at yesterday's game in blackface and FIFA did nothing.

10444754_676015959119925_5330159858828391148_n.jpg

Dumb question from a soccer noob, but how long does the game last?

Dumb question from a soccer noob, but how long does the game last?

There are 45 minute halves. Each half has a chunk of "extra time" (determined by the officials at the end of the regular allotted time) added to the end of it to account for things like substitutions, injuries, fouls, etc (since the clock always keeps running).

From what I've seen the extra time can be anywhere from 1 to 5 minutes added.

(Asking it in both threads)

So, how can they stop the game for a 3 minute water break yet only add 2 extra minutes onto the half?

There are 45 minute halves. Each half has a chunk of "extra time" (determined by the officials at the end of the regular allotted time) added to the end of it to account for things like substitutions, injuries, fouls, etc (since the clock always keeps running).

From what I've seen the extra time can be anywhere from 1 to 5 minutes added.
Thanks.

I like the way we're defending, at least. Looks like we're playing with extra men any time Portugal get near the 18

VN Store

Back