Official 2014 FIFA World Cup Thread

Take notice of my avatar.....I'm a frequent visitor of Brazil as my girlfriend is originally from Rio. I'm proud of meu Selecao and I feel confident they will break the 1950 curse and free Barbosa. Number 6 will be won where it all started!!! Estadio Maracana!!! Vaiiii Brasssssiiiillll!!

Watching with my kids jiujitsu professors tomorrow in my Reymar jersey. Should be fun. Was thinking about going last year and just couldnt get it done.

Watching with my kids jiujitsu professors tomorrow in my Reymar jersey. Should be fun. Was thinking about going last year and just couldnt get it done.

Neymar? I tried to make it down as well. If I didn't have my obligations, you bet your a@# I'd be there. If Brasil makes it to the final, I might pull something crazy and fly down to Rio in mid July.

Neymar? I tried to make it down as well. If I didn't have my obligations, you bet your a@# I'd be there. If Brasil makes it to the final, I might pull something crazy and fly down to Rio in mid July.

Ha, yes Neymar. Don't know where that came from. I have a friend going and i ended up having to have a couple of recent surgeries so I wouldnt have been able to make it anyway . Really wanting to go there though. Maybe once the World Cup hype settles.
Tell you what though, the blandness of the food of the Brazilians I know here is surprising. I expected spicy and full of flavor. Lots of juices, rice and beans.

xL4Ixi8.png

Reactions: 1 person
Ha, yes Neymar. Don't know where that came from. I have a friend going and i ended up having to have a couple of recent surgeries so I wouldnt have been able to make it anyway . Really wanting to go there though. Maybe once the World Cup hype settles.
Tell you what though, the blandness of the food of the Brazilians I know here is surprising. I expected spicy and full of flavor. Lots of juices, rice and beans.

Although most of their recipes lack spiciness and kick, there are incredible dishes down there. Easily the best seafood I have ever had was in Barra da Tijuca, Rio de Janiero. Brazilian steakhouses also trump anything I've ever had in the states. I must have gained about 7 lbs last January while I was down there. I love their beer and caipirinhas as well. Brahma Black is a beer every man should have the privilege to drink.

Who do yall have as your dark horse to win the cup? My pick is Belgium. Hazard, De Bruyne, Lukkaku, Fellani, Kompany, Benteke, Mertens, Courtois, Dembele. Pretty formidable.

Who do yall have as your dark horse to win the cup? My pick is Belgium. Hazard, De Bruyne, Lukkaku, Fellani, Kompany, Benteke, Mertens, Courtois, Dembele. Pretty formidable.

Not picking them to win it, but two teams I like to make it through the group stage for the first time ever are Ivory Coast and Bosnia-Herzegovina. I've got Bosnia making it to the Quarterfinals.

And so it begins. I'd like to see a study on the overall productivity in the global work force from 3:00 today till 31 days from now.

I've made arrangements myself already. Love the Cup.

Viva El Tri!

Who you got tonight? I think Brazil wins tonight but closer than people thinkl. Croatia might be a tougher opponent than people give them credit for.

I still think Brazil will stroll out of that group unscathed, but I think it will be a battle between Mexico and Croatia to get the other spot. Mexico/Croatia match will be a good one.

VN Store

Back