• Gavin Kilen – 2B/SS (Louisville ——> Tennessee)✅
  • Thomas Crabtree – RHP (Pearl River JUCO ——> Tennessee) ✅
  • Ryan Combs – RHP (Polk State JUCO ——> Tennessee) ✅
  • Austin Breedlove – RHP (Cleveland State JUCO ——> Tennessee) ✅
  • Michael Sharman – LHP (Georgia Highlands JUCO ——> Tennessee) ✅
Committed Elsewhere
  • Jace LaViolette - (Back to Texas A&M)
  • Gavin Grahovac - (Back to Texas A&M)
  • Tommy LaPour (Wichita State ----> TCU)

Solid article in today's Knoxville News Sentinel by Mike Wilson on how the 2025 roster will look.

A brief synopsis follows.

Dean Curley is named as the best hitter returning....... Solid recruiting class coming in and he mentions a 6'4 and a 6'8 pitchers to be on the lookout for.

Dylan Dreiling and Christian Moore are projected to be among the top 100 mlb draft picks.

Transfer portal needs mentioned are a starting pitcher and another bat to lengthen the lineup.

Solid article in today's Knoxville News Sentinel by Mike Wilson on how the 2025 roster will look.

Dean Curley is named as the best hitter returning....... Solid recruiting class coming in and he mentions a 6'4 and a 6'8 pitchers to be on the lookout for.

Dylan Dreiling and Christian Moore are projected to be among the top 100 mlb draft picks.

Transfer portal needs mentioned are a starting pitcher and another bat to lengthen the lineup.
Might need 2 starting pitchers from the portal, depending on how the draft hits our signees

Interesting that he only mentioned Dreiling and Moore as being top 100 picks considering that Amick, Burke, Tears, and Beam are all top 100 locks as well. Dreiling is actually projected to be picked last out of the 5 hitters ironically enough.

Not sure about that. Had 7 total walks and a relatively low OBP. That should improve this next year though.

Yep, you're right. i stand corrected,

I should have looked at more stats than were in the article. I assumed from his BA that he had a high on base percent. Not so. And I assumed from the high number of doubles that he was speedy, but he doesn't steal bases. He was hitting mid to down in the order in Louisville. That he hits from the left side, hits a lot of doubles, and has a low SO rate are in his favor, but his OBP isn't very good for a leadoff role.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Yep, you're right. i stand corrected,

I should have looked at more stats than were in the article. I assumed from his BA that he had a high on base percent. Not so. And I assumed from the high number of doubles that he was speedy, but he doesn't steal bases. He was hitting mid to down in the order in Louisville. That he hits from the left side, hits a lot of doubles, and has a low SO rate are in his favor, but his OBP isn't very good for a leadoff role.
When I started drilling down on the numbers, I had a yikes moment on the walks. Plate discipline can be learned along the way and I do believe his will improve considerably.

When I started drilling down on the numbers, I had a yikes moment on the walks. Plate discipline can be learned along the way and I do believe his will improve considerably.
Yep. And yet he has a nice SO rate (10%), so he shows some plate discipline already. And the fact that he hits a lot of doubles at 10%of his AB's (i.e. - he's in scoring position immediately) helps offset a low OBP and a lack of stolen bases.

Baseball Portal Targets

Still in Portal

• Andrew Fischer – INF (Ole Miss)
  • Myles Patton – LHP (Long Beach State)
  • Cade Fisher – LHP (Florida)
  • Liam Doyle – LHP (Ole Miss)
  • Eric Rataczak – 1B (Niagara)
Committed to Tennessee
  • Tanner Franklin – RHP (Kennesaw State ——> Tennessee)✅
  • Gavin Kilen – 2B/SS (Louisville ——> Tennessee)✅
  • Thomas Crabtree – RHP (Pearl River JUCO ——> Tennessee) ✅
  • Ryan Combs – RHP (Polk State JUCO ——> Tennessee) ✅
  • Austin Breedlove – RHP (Cleveland State JUCO ——> Tennessee) ✅
  • Michael Sharman – LHP (Georgia Highlands JUCO ——> Tennessee) ✅
Committed Elsewhere
  • Jace LaViolette - (Back to Texas A&M)
  • Gavin Grahovac - (Back to Texas A&M)
  • Tommy LaPour (Wichita State ----> TCU)
Tanner Wiggins??

Reactions: TrippieRedd
Rataczak put forth one of the best seasons in Niagara baseball history, leading the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference in batting average (.396), OPS, RBI (71) and on-base percentage (.485).

-became the program record holder for single-season runs (59), hits (88), home runs (17) and 71 RBI to go along with 27 multi-hit games – including 13 three-hit contests.

-ended the season with a 19-game on-base streak
-tallied a 26-game on-base streak and 15-game hit-streak

Rataczak drove in five runs in two different games.
Conference Player of the Year

NCAA Tournament at the Stillwater Regional - had two hits, one being a home run, and four RBI .

VN Store

Back