Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

A united airlines 777 engine exploded over colorado near Denver and the debris landed in a neighborhood. According to Fox news the pilots were heros and at no time were any of the passengers were in danger, yeah right?

They didn't report how many passengers sh!t in their pants as they lost an exploding engine over Colorado?
I received an email about it a while ago but didn't read it ..... just the headline was all I read.

Kj0BWb.gif

Well funny enough...regradless of my rants..I do believe in +/- waves. If I curse my job under my breath I can probably expect curses and such. Like a karma thing

61SpqRjvn-L._AC_SL1200_.jpg
Oddball is the best character ever

Reactions: Orangeburst
My wife would never step foot on an airplane again if that happened while she was a passenger.

True story - sorry a bit long.

I worked with an English Bently-Nevada rep (they sell vibration monitoring equipment worldwide and always bring some overseas employees to Nevada for a year or two - the owner is or was Don Bently - no relation to the other Bentley but an interesting guy). Anyway the British rep's wife was deathly afraid of flying, but she agreed to come. They were in the airport in Manchester, England getting ready to go when a plane burned on the ground; I remembered the event - this was the 80s - think the plane that burned may have been a 737. So the airport shut down and all flights were cancelled. The next day he didn't know if his wife would even go to the airport, but she did. They got off the ground and up at altitude (I'm guessing over Ireland) when his wife asked the flight attendant about the lights on the ground - where they were. The flight attendant was apparently in a quirky mood and said "Gee, I dunno, we never got this far before." The guy said he just about melted, his wife was completely shocked, and then she started giggling. Later the flight attendant came back and apologized over and over again; she knew she really screwed up. He told her the whole story and that it was actually probably the best thing she could have done. His wife was fine after that, and I think they had free drinks the whole way across the Atlantic.

If it takes you longer than 30-45 seconds to place your order in the McDonalds drive through you are probably to stupid to be driving.

What about Chick-Fil-A? They're building a new one near me because the other one has to hand out pagers to be allowed to pull into the drive through

Where I'm at ..... they need to build 5 more them things. We have one in Jackson. It's location is in the busy traffic part of Jackson. You don't dare go near the place between 12-2 pm on M-F. It's crazy w/major traffic jams.

Reactions: AM64
If it takes you longer than 30-45 seconds to place your order in the McDonalds drive through you are probably to stupid to be driving.
Incredibly mean thing to say about @McDad . He's trying to decide between the crispy chicken or the quarter pounder with cheese. They always confuse him by asking if he wants fries with that.

Where I'm at ..... they need to build 5 more them things. We have one in Jackson. It's location is in the busy traffic part of Jackson. You don't dare go near the place between 12-2 pm on M-F. It's crazy w/major traffic jams.
I can probably count on 2 fingers the number of times I eaten their food on my own accord. I've eaten it catered into work probably 10 times and I don't see anything worth going back for myself. It's a chicken sandwich just like you can get at any other fast food place.
If the truth be known I think it has developed a cult following like Coors had in the 70's when they wouldn't sell it east of the Rocky's. The chicken has a reputation and now everyone perpetuates it by saying oh, it's the best I've ever had.

I can probably count on 2 fingers the number of times I eaten their food on my own accord. I've eaten it catered into work probably 10 times and I don't see anything worth going back for myself. It's a chicken sandwich just like you can get at any other fast food place.
If the truth be known I think it has developed a cult following like Coors had in the 70's when they wouldn't sell it east of the Rocky's. The chicken has a reputation and now everyone perpetuates it by saying oh, it's the best I've ever had.
The service and their breakfast are why I go.

There can be a line 20 people long and I probably get my food in five to ten minutes. It's always right. It's always fresh, and you arent dealing with washouts behind the counter. The managers are engaged, the place is always clean.

I agree on the chicken part, its chicken like anywhere else. But damn can they run a store.

The service and their breakfast are why I go.

There can be a line 20 people long and I probably get my food in five to ten minutes. It's always right. It's always fresh, and you arent dealing with washouts behind the counter. The managers are engaged, the place is always clean.

I agree on the chicken part, its chicken like anywhere else. But damn can they run a store.

I remember seeing an article that one of the first things they teach the managers is how to clean the restroom. Basically, training them from the ground up in how to perform every job in the restaurant.

Since Covid broke out, I've learned it's the little things that amuse me. Well, I knew I was easily amused before, but some of the YouTube channels I've found entertaining have been unusual even for me.

Jelle's marble racing...

Kara and Nate's worldwide adventures...

Any one of Simon Whistler's 3,982 YouTube channels...

BigstackD melting various objects and making the same thing over and over that I continue to watch even though I know how it turns out... (him tearing apart motors is kinda cool)

The Dark Docs, Dark Footage, Dark Skies and Dark Space channels...

YouTube is actually one of the most watched channels on my Firestick.

Since Covid broke out, I've learned it's the little things that amuse me. Well, I knew I was easily amused before, but some of the YouTube channels I've found entertaining have been unusual even for me.

Jelle's marble racing...

Kara and Nate's worldwide adventures...

Any one of Simon Whistler's 3,982 YouTube channels...

BigstackD melting various objects and making the same thing over and over that I continue to watch even though I know how it turns out... (him tearing apart motors is kinda cool)

The Dark Docs, Dark Footage, Dark Skies and Dark Space channels...

YouTube is actually one of the most watched channels on my Firestick.

VN Store

Back