Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

MTMs, CMRs, and COA reviews?
Medicare med reviews Medication therapy management, comprehensive medication reviews, and care of older adults...insurance companies have to do a certain percentage or it affects their star ratings so at the end of the year they come to us to help up their numbers....we hired a ton of temp pharmacists to get them done Medication Therapy Management | CMS

Looks more like Oklahoma right now...
Norman, OK has been home to a Natural Gas Conference in February every year which I attended a few times, I think the last time was in 2011 when I presented a paper.... the Laurance Reid meeting (he was a prof at OU back in the day). It was a pretty decent meeting, but it was always cold as hell in Norman that time of year.

Reactions: AM64
McRib is from Louisiana. She has been itching to get to her hospital this week. She's never driven in the snow. We had our first lesson today. 5 minutes in, and our AWD Acura has its nose against a tree. That tree is the only thing preventing a fairly steep drop of about 8 feet to other trees.
I brought the tow strap and come along just in case. As I am hooking the strap to another tree a fellow drives up in his 4x4 pickup. I drive back to our driveway. She is ready to go home. But when the horse throws you, you've got to get back in the saddle immediately. So we switched seats and we drove the other direction which is much flatter with fewer drop offs.
It was our only mishap in the 45 minute lesson. Proud of her.
Driving on ice and snow is an acquired skill. Sorry to hear about the mishap but it sounds like it was a necessary lesson and hopefully did not hurt the Acura as much as it did your wife's desire for more driver's training.

Reactions: AM64 and McDad
Driving on ice and snow is an acquired skill. Sorry to hear about the mishap but it sounds like it was a necessary lesson and hopefully did not hurt the Acura as much as it did your wife's desire for more driver's training.

Got a freaking curveball this afternoon. Got a letter from my county that my auto insurance had expired back in Jan and owed $25 and by March 10th my vehcile registration will be null. I just paid those mothers $700 to register. Called Geico and for some reason they removed me from the GA database. Said they would correct and to wait about 5 minutes and it should be updated. Well after 4 calls to Geico and 3 to the county and 2 freakin hours of my time I still dont think it resolved.

I am livid and not even sure what my next step is. I just paid Geico $700 back in Nov for 6 months getting my coverage down here. At this point I am thinking just pay the $25 and cancel Geico and go with someone else, but I dont even know if I will have to re-register and pay another $700 with the county or what. If so, I am thinking certifed and notarized letter to Geico CEO. Hell, I am even thinking litigation using that traffic lawyer for that speeding ticket, if she handles such. What a freaking mess. I could get pulled over and go further down the rabbit hole. If I cant drive for work, I would sue the heck out of them.

Reactions: McDad and RavinDave
Got a freaking curveball this afternoon. Got a letter from my county that my auto insurance had expired back in Jan and owed $25 and by March 10th my vehcile registration will be null. I just paid those mothers $700 to register. Called Geico and for some reason they removed me from the GA database. Said they would correct and to wait about 5 minutes and it should be updated. Well after 4 calls to Geico and 3 to the county and 2 freakin hours of my time I still dont think it resolved.

I am livid and not even sure what my next step is. I just paid Geico $700 back in Nov for 6 months getting my coverage down here. At this point I am thinking just pay the $25 and cancel Geico and go with someone else, but I dont even know if I will have to re-register and pay another $700 with the county or what. If so, I am thinking certifed and notarized letter to Geico CEO. Hell, I am even thinking litigation using that traffic lawyer for that speeding ticket, if she handles such. What a freaking mess. I could get pulled over and go further down the rabbit hole. If I cant drive for work, I would sue the heck out of them.
Dang that sux. We have our auto with Geico too. Those bastids.

Reactions: Orangeburst
Dang that sux. We have our auto with Geico too. Those bastids.

That 3rd call to Geico I asked for a super. Waited 25 minutes and tyed out an email thru my online account giving them the county phone number and I had spent all the time I was going to spend. HANDLE IT. Got a message that you will get an immediate email to verify your inquiry and never even got that,

Just realized it best to have an agent. Funny enough State Farm handwritten card was in the same mail today. If I dont have to pay the registration fee again and just pay a $25 fine then screw Geico.

But the kicker. I still got that pending speeding ticket so not sure what to tell State Farm for new coverage. They got me over a barrel,,lol

Thank you. I'm convinced there is a special place in Heaven for men who help their wife learn to drive.

Reactions: AM64

exceptionally suck worthy.

I despise being caught between a rock and a hard place not of my own doing.

Dealing with corps stinks. Like I said if you have an agent you can put them to work. I tried calling corporate in MD and if you hit the wrong button sends u back to CS..uggh. I went back and hit HR just to complain. She did not pick up...lol

I am thinking aboiut racing tommorow and try and intentionally get pulled over, lose my ability to drive and hence my livelihood. Gonna be not a frgrance millionaire but an insurance claim millionaire!

FavoriteSplendidIbizanhound-max-1mb.gif

Get this. I finally got an email from the internet team. Go back online and they changed my coverage for this county to 2-19-21...TODAY. Good thing I got that email from them back from months ago with the GA insurance card. They have screwed up BIGLY and now trying to cover..no kidding. The county said I lapsed coverage from Jan 7th to Feb 6th, but the Declaration Page says 2-19-21. Get out.

Reactions: McDad
Dealing with corps stinks. Like I said if you have an agent you can put them to work. I tried calling corporate in MD and if you hit the wrong button sends u back to CS..uggh. I went back and hit HR just to complain. She did not pick up...lol

I am thinking aboiut racing tommorow and try and intentionally get pulled over, lose my ability to drive and hence my livelihood. Gonna be not a frgrance millionaire but an insurance claim millionaire!

FavoriteSplendidIbizanhound-max-1mb.gif

I've got Farm Bureau. I can text my agent. He also lets me borrow his car hauler trailer occasionally.

Good luck.

Reactions: Orangeburst
@AM64

Well being stuck at home all week wore me down. I kept looking at watches and looking at watches until I couldn't get it out of my head.

I was going to go with the breitling but the spring is not silicon so I switched gears and went with the Omega seamaster.

I got it from an AD called Little Switzerland and the sales guy was amazing.

It should ship next Tuesday he said so I will take pics when its here if ya want.

I just screwed myself though because not only did I spend a stupid amount of money for a watch but I just lost all leverage with my wife next time she wants some damn purse or something.

Reactions: hog88 and AM64
Thank you. I'm convinced there is a special place in Heaven for men who help their wife learn to drive.
My wife's first driving lesson was 25 years ago, just after we got married.

She actually managed a few laps around the Tanger Mall parking lot outside of Baton Rouge, in my old 911.

Never have been able to get her to drive anything with a manual transmission since she got her license though.

Reactions: hog88 and AM64
My wife's first driving lesson was 25 years ago, just after we got married.

She actually managed a few laps around the Tanger Mall parking lot outside of Baton Rouge, in my old 911.

Never have been able to get her to drive anything with a manual transmission since she got her license though.
She only needs one "stick" in her life, big boy. ;)

I signed up for Car and Driver emails... and today they sent one about the 911 GT3.

Thanks for reminding me... time to go take a look at it.

2022 Porsche 911 GT3 Evolves but Remains a Purist Sports Car

The 992-generation GT3 is aggressively new with major suspension changes and a massive wing, while sticking with a naturally aspirated 4.0-liter flat-six.

Edit @Orangeburst

Dang...that thing would probably win a LeMans a few decades ago.

You ever see the movie Ford vs Ferrari? I liked it.

Reactions: RavinDave

VN Store

Back