Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Sometimes that word just doesn't do justice to the anger I'll have.

I had to do it once before. I wasn't happy.
You asked for shock value. For whatever reason, many are still shocked to hear the f word. Not sure why, but they are.

Talk about pushers. Those skanks know how to move goods.

R1b06f1fb3c8582945ca80d891e823daa

For you old guys that have forgotten how good Earl Campbell really was and for you young guys that never saw him play...... and check out the block one of his teammates throws at the 3:20 mark....

That was a great day to be a Vol.

The game favors the offense by rule and design, now. It's a shame too, I like those defensive battles.

While beating the lawn into submission today, I was thinking again about being so disgusted that football has been turned into an offensive game. Football is a team sport composed of two "teams" within a team, and that's a big part of what makes it interesting. A defense works against an offense to prevent the offense from scoring - the game would be pretty boring if the offenses just ran up and down the field unopposed. Over emphasis offense also brings over emphasis on the QB position which absolutely cheapens the value of a team sport. Sometimes that's deserved - like when Dobbs seeing things going to crap would turn disaster into a gain, but more often when it's a real struggle, you see the contribution of the rest of the offense (like the linemen) in making things happen. Even when Dobbs improvised, somebody made a key block or other play that put somebody out of position at the right time.

Reactions: SumSoonerChick

VN Store

Back