Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Cabernets from Howell Mountain are my favorite.
I first learned about wine up in Napa in the early 90's. My parents used to live in the East Bay area back then. I used to be a huge Napa Cab guy before my palate changed. Who are some of your favorite producers on Howell Mountain? I might be able to suggest some producers for you to try.

Last edited:
I first learned sbout wine up in Napa in the early 90's. My parents used to live in the East Bay area back then. I used to be a huge Napa Cab guy before my palate changed. Who are some of your favorite producers on Howell Mountain? I might be able to suggest some producers for you to try.
Oh wow. I've enjoyed so many. Some of my favorites are Viader, Cade, O'Shaugnessy and Ladera. Clif also makes a good HM cabernet.

Nickel and Nickel and Hall also make very good cabernets.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Oh wow. I've enjoyed so many. Some of my favorites are Viader, Cade, O'Shaugnessy and Ladera. Clif also makes a good HM cabernet.

Nickel and Nickel and Hall also make very good cabernets.
I've been to many of those wineries on several occasions. O'Shaunessey and Ladera used to be two of my favorites as well. I also highly recommend Neal Family Vineyards if you haven't tried that one.

I've been to many of those wineries on several occasions. O'Shaunessey and Ladera used to be two of my favorites as well. I also highly recommend Neal Family Vineyards if you haven't tried that one.
I have not! Will put Neal on list for next visit. Hopefully this fall.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I have not! Will put Neal on list for next visit. Hopefully this fall.
If you're visiting there, Neal Family is literally right down the road from O'Shaughnessey and Dunn (they're all within about 3/4 of a mile from each other).

A few other wineries I'd suggest (but not on Howell Mountain) are as follows:

Forman Vineyards
Corison
Dyer Vineyards (on Diamond Mountain)
Schweiger Vineyards (Spring Mountain)
Pride Mountain Vineyards (Spring Mountain)
Barnett Vineyards (Spring Mountain)

Last edited:
If you're visiting there, Neal Family is literally right down the road from O'Shaughnessey and Dunn (they're all within about 3/4 of a mile from each other).

A few other wineries I'd suggest (but not on Howell Mountain) are as follows:

Forman Vineyards
Corison
Dyer Vineyards (on Diamond Mountain)
Schweiger Vineyards (Spring Mountain)
Pride Mountain Vineyards (Spring Mountain)
Barnett Vineyards (Spring Mountain)
Been to Pride and Barnett. Have talked about Corison for years and really need to visit. Have you visited Behrens on Spring Mountain? They source most of their fruit, but Les is a master of blending. Probably the coolest labeling of wine I've seen as well.

Did you know the use of the word 'that' is nearly always superfluous?

This is why we miss you when you're absent. Among other reasons anyway. Raise the average IQ of the room instantly.

Helped the girl set up her new business location/art studio today.

View attachment 646094

Edit: room 2.View attachment 646097

I would like to choke the "carpenter" that was lazy and used blocking between those ceiling joists instead of using oldschool diagonal bridging between them to match the existing work. Looks like somebody tried to duct tape a 3rd wheel on a bicycle...

Reactions: AM64 and McDad

Dont know if yall listen to Shawn but he is an ex SEAL and CIA operative. One of my favorites to listen to while driving or at work etc. Has a really good interview style and gets interesting people. This one is among other things about the millions of dolllars we send the people who hate us most every month under this administration...Taliban etc.

Wasnt me either but I remember too. Wasnt Ape. I cant remember what I ate for lunch Monday. Can give you the Gettysburg Address in my sleep though. Neural pathways shrinking...
i went to the Dr a couple of years ago and got my height measured first time in years and **** I shrunk 1.5”…i thought only real old people shrunk.

1717635773544.jpeg

Been to Pride and Barnett. Have talked about Corison for years and really need to visit. Have you visited Behrens on Spring Mountain? They source most of their fruit, but Les is a master of blending. Probably the coolest labeling of wine I've seen as well.
I haven’t been to Behrens and Hitchcock. I tried them in the early days of the winery, but they came across as a little hot to me, so I never visited. I was always a fan of Pride and Barnett, but Schweiger was always my favorite winery on Spring Mountain. I would also recommend Paradigm winery if you’ve never been there. That one is on the valley floor not too far from Corison if I remember correctly. There are a few others that I would have recommended (Herb Lamb Vineyards, Black Cat, and Lagier Meredith), but those wineries all sold within the last few years as their owners were getting older. Another one you may want to try is Chappelet Vineyards on Pritchard Hill.

All these wineries I’m suggesting are relatively old school producers that I used to drink in the 90’s and early 2000’s. I was on the cutting edge of Napa wines back then. Since my palate changed in the early 2000’s I quit chasing the up and coming wineries. Their bigger and riper style didn’t appeal to me anyway.

Last edited:
I haven’t been to Behrens and Hitchcock. I tried them in the early days of the winery, but they came across as a little hot to me, so I never visited. I was always a fan of Pride and Barnett, but Schweiger was always my favorite winery on Spring Mountain. I would also recommend Paradigm winery if you’ve never been there. That one is on the valley floor not too far from Corison if I remember correctly. There are a few others that I would have recommended (Herb Lamb Vineyards, Black Cat, and Lagier Meredith), but those wineries all sold within the last few years as their owners were getting older. Another one you may want to try is Chappelet Vineyards on Pritchard Hill.

All these wineries I’m suggesting are relatively old school producers that I used to drink in the 90’s and early 2000’s. I was on the cutting edge of Napa wines back then. Since my palate changed in the early 2000’s I quit chasing the up and coming wineries. Their bigger and riper style didn’t appeal to me anyway.
Thanks so much. We're Chappellet members. They make so many good wines and are reasonable by Napa standards. We get our Pritchard Hill allocation every year and I love it, but HM is still my jam.

Thanks so much. We're Chappellet members. They make so many good wines and are reasonable by Napa standards. We get our Pritchard Hill allocation every year and I love it, but HM is still my jam.
You’re onto some great producers. It’s been a very long time since I’ve encountered someone that knows all of those producers. I think those other producers I named will be right up your alley.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back