Official Jon Gruden Thread 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more smoke and stuff that continues to come out around Gruden, none less than the actual silence from Currie and the Gruden camp on the subject itself, the one thing I can't really make sense of is the MNF trucks in Knoxville last week. That is still just so strange to me.

looking at the suggested routes from Green Bay to Charlotte, going through Knoxville is one of the more efficient routes.

The more smoke and stuff that continues to come out around Gruden, none less than the actual silence from Currie and the Gruden camp on the subject itself, the one thing I can't really make sense of is the MNF trucks in Knoxville last week. That is still just so strange to me.

Some of you need to stop looking for UFO's. Last weeks MNF game was in Green Bay, tonight it is in Charlotte NC. The obvious interstate path takes you thru east TN. What would the tech equipment trucks have anything to do with Gruden?

Reactions: 5 people
It's not easy to do. If you actually try to bring up something they don't want to talk about your call will get "dropped".

Wouldn't this be exactly what Currie/Beav would want though? The university (State ran media) to down play all this Gruden stuff and then Currie makes the announcement and looks like a hero? IMO that's why Beav is referring to himself as "The Stalking Horse"

Reactions: 1 person
They screen callers pretty well and only want what they want to be said on there.

Its like listening to Sean Hannity or something similar. No one else is right but them and you cant tell them any different. I thought the point of sports talk radio was to examine both sides of the story!!!

Reactions: 3 people
I listen to the Ainge show, because i appreciate his breakdown of opponents, offensive tendencies, etc. i don’t buy what they sell with regard to coaches, etc., and i wouldn’t call myself a mouth breather. i do find the callers generally hilarious in their dogged obeyance to whatever Brian and Ainge put out as fact (which is never anything more, in reality, than their opinions).
I was speaking specifically of the callers the other poster was referring to.

I'm actually friends with Ainge...hes been my son's QB coach. I've gotten to the point I can't listen to the show, mostly because of his sidekick Bryan.

Reactions: 4 people
Am I the only one that wishes recruits wouldn't repeat what the AD has told them. I know they are kids, but I don't like it. Something said in confidence should stay that way. JMO

I like it. Perhaps other potential recruits will see this and take a wait & see approach too. :)

looking at the suggested routes from Green Bay to Charlotte, going through Knoxville is one of the more efficient routes.

They pay Gruden 5 million a year but can't afford a $400 plane ticket?

Why on earth would that man be making that drive?

Reactions: 1 person

I'm actually friends with Ainge...hes been my son's QB coach. I've gotten to the point I can't listen to the show, mostly because of his sidekick Bryan.

I know he's your friend, but he hasn't been that great lately, either. He'll bounce back, though.

Yeah Jimmy I had a question, do you think they can hire Butch Jones back in January after he gets a time out? He signed my football at fan day and shook my hand like a man, i love that. I'll hang up and listen

True story. I shook Butch' s hand when the team came to Gatlinburg after the wildfire, it was like shaking a wet wash cloth. It was very strange.

Yes, as i edited my post to reflect, Brian (or Bryan?) is particularly grating. J-Bay was childish, but he was entertaining and didn’t try to upstage the host...by the way, I’m 99% sure Ainge gave your son a shout out before he started the game for MC the other week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back