Official Jon Gruden Thread 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
That time makes sense to stay relevant during SEC championship week. Still provides 3 weeks of recruiting.

Unless he's wanting to do it right away which is a possibility, otherwise, that's what I would be thinking. It's a straight up guess though.

Unless he's wanting to do it right away which is a possibility, otherwise, that's what I would be thinking. It's a straight up guess though.

If Gruden does want the job, which I believe he does, I would assume he would want it as soon as possible. He strikes me as someone who would want as much time to recruit as possible.

Reactions: 2 people
I am unable to keep this up long term. The only reason I am in this deep is that this is a finite puzzle. Eventually we have a new coach announced. And the timeline for that is relatively short. My OCD is why I don't get into fantasy football or recruiting. It would consume me.

I am joking and realize the occasional OCD thing takes over. Some of your responses sound exactly like my wife when she gets wrapped up in something.

Reactions: 1 person
If Gruden does want the job, which I believe he does, I would assume he would want it as soon as possible. He strikes me as someone who would want as much time to recruit as possible.

You very well might be right, but would that obligate him to coach the remaining two games we have? I wouldn't think he would want to do that.

I am joking and realize the occasional OCD thing takes over. Some of your responses sound exactly like my wife when she gets wrapped up in something.

Women are able to multi-project (I think that is more accurate than multi-task) and men are able to compartmentalize. It comes down to brain chemistry.

Reactions: 4 people
Think about this.

Why would you pay full buyout and announce 2 weeks before end of season if you don’t have replacement already as a done deal?

Reactions: 10 people

This is what I am thinking to! I am giving 3 weeks to name him if not done In that time line. I don't think we have him hooked. I would think then we are looking somewhere else for a coach that is still coaching

That time makes sense to stay relevant during SEC championship week. Still provides 3 weeks of recruiting.

Think about this.

Why would you pay full buyout and announce 2 weeks before end of season if you don’t have replacement already as a done deal?

there not gonna pay full buy out, soon as any of them get other jobs thats money is automatically taken away from UT owes Jones and assistants

Think about this.

That coupled with no search firm and AD telling recruits the new coach will be in place by early enrollment.

We already have Gruden.

Any one think we see what our coach's can do Saturday? They are not tied down now

Would like to think so. But offense will struggle and then cause the defense to get gassed early. Expect Guice to run at will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back