Official Jon Gruden Thread 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcing tonight at half time of MNF, Currie on set with Gruden and Manning. Manning to take over Gruden's MNF role until end of season to expedite transition......

purely speculative, but think of the press this would get UT! W would have 5*
recruits calling us

Yes, this 100%!

Reactions: 1 person
Announcing tonight at half time of MNF, Currie on set with Gruden and Manning. Manning to take over Gruden's MNF role until end of season to expedite transition......

purely speculative, but think of the press this would get UT! W would have 5*
recruits calling us

ESPN would never allow it

A lot of stuff trickles out 7-10 days behind. It has all the way through this process. It interesting to watch from when I hear it to when it shows up here or on Twitter. I can only theorize why that is...but you can almost set your watch by so we of it.

Keep in mind...I may not be sure it's true when I hear it, which is one reason I keep my mouth shut. Then it shows up a week later.
Boro do you think anything happens before Vanderbilt game?

Right... He's way too invested and obsessed with this to be a troll.. His profile is constantly active, even when he's not posting. He's putting a ton of effort into it, for what? To troll VN and say "gotcha!" when it doesn't happen? That's a little ridiculous when you think about it. Trolls tend to come in, say their thing, mess with people for a while, then leave and never come back... And they're usually just bored kids posting from their mom's basement. The fact that ATL vouched for him having played at The Honors (frequently enough to know the name of the bartender) tells you he's not some bored kid. So why would someone like him dedicate so much time and effort to this? The only reason I can think of is if they're being paid to... He could have just brought his information, posted it and left. But he is still around, even after being called a troll by multiple people. If I had that many people calling me a troll and attacking me the way some have attacked MIT, I'd probably say screw this site and log off permanently.

Also, information is not solely coming from MIT. So even if he was a troll. There are plenty of other reasons to believe Gruden is at least a possibility.

You are wrong sir. Heard it myself on the radio today driving back to Knoxville. Others heard the interview too and will concur.

There was another screen shot posted that said Gruden had reached out to Cade Mays today. That is what this poster is referring to, not the Adrian Martinez chat with Currie.

lets ask ourselves a real simple question....since solid sources are saying that Gruden is making calls to coaches and others about "joining him in Knoxville" ---

does it make a damn bit of sense that he would call and say... "hey ____ i am just thinking about coaching at UT. would you be interested in being on my staff ?"

I wouldn't put too much stock in these reports. In 2012 he was supposedly contacting coaches as well. Quarles comes to mind.

That's is exactly why I can't fully commit to this whole thing.

It is all too reminiscent of 2012, and we all know how that played out.

Last edited:
Boro, are you hearing anything about Gruden from your sources? As in, you've heard some things but won't post them?

Time to put this to rest. Gruden is not coaching again, especially not in college. He has been out of coaching a long long time now. He is 53, has a super gig on MNF and with all his endorsements from that job, paid more than most coaches. Doesn't have to jet around the country trying to convince high school kids to sign up 24/7 in their living rooms or deal with alumni/boosters etc.. He has landed in the perfect no pressure no lose situation and his lifestyle is stress free. He isn't coaching college ball folks. Move on.

By any chance do you do bookings for funerals? If not, you missed your calling.

Reactions: 3 people
I believe some of you are so enthralled with Gruden that you've thrown all logic out the window. As for the recruiting deal with Mays, it didn't happen. At least not in the context of, "I'm not currently a coach/employee, but hey, come play for me." If it did, you best believe the NCAA will be all over this, should they get wind of it.

It's amazing some of the fabrications that are dreamt up....

As for him contacting coaches, stop with the, "it's simple, he would call and say verbatim, I'm thinking about taking this TN job, do you want to come with me." Puhlease!!! Do y'all even have jobs, or even better, have you ever dealt with high dollar negotiations and contracts. This has gotten more ridiculous than the MOU discussion.

Yes are we are.

you, sir, are absolutely one of the most sarcastic people i've ever encountered. i like sarcasm. nothing is more funny, than when it sarcastic and funny.

i think what i'm saying is ... i kinda like you.

it's taken me a while, but i do.

and i almost put you on the list a couple times, but i couldn't, 'cause i kinda thought i was following your sarcasm. i was, so i didn't.

anywho, carry on ...

Reactions: 2 people
spider-play.png

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back