Official South Park Fanclub Thread

The Yelp episode was pretty good. I wish they would have attacked Yelp the site some too but it was still funny.

I hate Yelp.

The Yelp episode was pretty good. I wish they would have attacked Yelp the site some too but it was still funny.

I hate Yelp.

What's funny is I work in SEO and I know how helpful reviews can be, so I tell my friends to leave positive google+ reviews, etc.

My point is that you should do it to support businesses you like. Nothing is worse than your favorite hole in the wall taco shop going out of business. Tell people about it, and it will be there forever.

Anyway, because I'm the "yelp advocate" everyone was texting me and making fun of me during this episode, LOL.

What's funny is I work in SEO and I know how helpful reviews can be, so I tell my friends to leave positive google+ reviews, etc.

My point is that you should do it to support businesses you like. Nothing is worse than your favorite hole in the wall taco shop going out of business. Tell people about it, and it will be there forever.

Anyway, because I'm the "yelp advocate" everyone was texting me and making fun of me during this episode, LOL.

Actually one of the things I do is email marketing and online reputation. We have a whole campaign that drives users to leave reviews on various sites. The reason I hate yelp is they kick off reviews if they aren't regular Yelpers and sometimes even if they are.

For instance, we were working with a start-up medi-spa. We had to register their Yelp page from scratch. Then we started sending their customers there to leave reviews. Not a single one has stuck in over a year.

Yelp wants businesses to pay for advertising on their site. They are incentivized to keep ratings low even though they swear they don't do that. They were sued for trying to rig the system in their favor but the judge sided with them.

And that is why I hate Yelp.

I've stayed away from yelp for no good reason. It wasn't as big when I was involved in local SEO, and I've always preferred Google products.

Most of the Episodes I've seen in the past several years were old reruns. After watching the new Episode last night, I had to back up and watch the first three Episodes of Season 20 for context. Matt and Trey have held a mirror up to our culture for a long time and this may be their best effort to date.

Most of the Episodes I've seen in the past several years were old reruns. After watching the new Episode last night, I had to back up and watch the first three Episodes of Season 20 for context. Matt and Trey have held a mirror up to our culture for a long time and this may be their best effort to date.

I was laughing for hours after lol

Reactions: 1 person
I guess I am just now putting this all together but it seemed like all the member berries would talk about was Star Wars references. I guess that ties in to JJ Abrams doing the current batch of movies?

They are so on point with the Force Awakens criticism. It wasn't that good, it was just the 'member berries. I am looking forward to original plotlines in the future tho

They are so on point with the Force Awakens criticism. It wasn't that good, it was just the 'member berries. I am looking forward to original plotlines in the future tho

I was that good if you think back on what you saw with the prequels. All in all it was just A New Hope redux.

Trey Parker was on the Nerdist and said they are going to stop doing serialized seasons and do episodes with self-contained stories again. I'm excited about this. I liked the PC principal season and the election, but it kinda got old this past season.

He said he hated being trapped doing a storyline when the show aspires to be so up to the minute. They were so sick of covering Trump but they had to keep doing it because of the story arc.

They talked about how South Park PC gets a pass because everybody already knows them for breaking all the rules...he pointed out in season 1 that the thing that people flipped out about was the story with Stan having a gay dog and that is basically rated G today. Pretty funny.

Trey Parker was on the Nerdist and said they are going to stop doing serialized seasons and do episodes with self-contained stories again. I'm excited about this. I liked the PC principal season and the election, but it kinda got old this past season.

He said he hated being trapped doing a storyline when the show aspires to be so up to the minute. They were so sick of covering Trump but they had to keep doing it because of the story arc.

They talked about how South Park PC gets a pass because everybody already knows them for breaking all the rules...he pointed out in season 1 that the thing that people flipped out about was the story with Stan having a gay dog and that is basically rated G today. Pretty funny.

I didn't realize they had been doing serialized seasons other than the occasional multipart story. I haven't kept up with the show regularly in years. Every now and then I go to their site and watch a couple episodes.

I thought one of the funniest parts of the interview was him telling the story of his stepson accusing him of being too old to know what a Derp is. Trey just said google it.

Spoiler.....

Attachments

• IMG_2029.jpg
    IMG_2029.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: 1 person
I'm pumped for this new season. I loved the old episodes where the story lasted for one or two episodes.

VN Store

Back