Official Vols vs Memphis game thread

Good golly, I'm all tingly all over. Those of you who don't live in west Tennessee may not appreciate how much those of us to do, want to win this game.

I actually heard a caller on a Memphis radio station say today that one of the reasons he hates Tennessee is that when Tennessee plays Memphis in football in Memphis, all these "orange people" descend on the town and take up at least half the stadium, and it's not even like a home game for the Tigers.

So in other words, they hate us because we travel well and support our team.

I've posted this several times before, but it bears repeating -- a former UM basketball player (my boss at the time) told me 20 years ago that he hated Tennessee so much he hoped the team plane crashed -- that was it for me. I used to try to pull for them when they weren't playing against UT, but now, I wouldn't wee on them if they were on fire. And it's not just this one incident. 90% of them hate us and would never pull for us in a game.

Oh, and today's Memphis daily newspaper showed some bunghole UM students running over a Smokey stuffed figure in a golf cart.

Lord, hear my prayer. Please let the Volunteers smite those blue infidels tonight.

Good golly, I'm all tingly all over. Those of you who don't live in west Tennessee may not appreciate how much those of us to do, want to win this game.

I actually heard a caller on a Memphis radio station say today that one of the reasons he hates Tennessee is that when Tennessee plays Memphis in football in Memphis, all these "orange people" descend on the town and take up at least half the stadium, and it's not even like a home game for the Tigers.

So in other words, they hate us because we travel well and support our team.

I've posted this several times before, but it bears repeating -- a former UM basketball player (my boss at the time) told me 20 years ago that he hated Tennessee so much he hoped the team plane crashed -- that was it for me. I used to try to pull for them when they weren't playing against UT, but now, I wouldn't wee on them if they were on fire. And it's not just this one incident. 90% of them hate us and would never pull for us in a game.

Oh, and today's Memphis daily newspaper showed some bunghole UM students running over a Smokey stuffed figure in a golf cart.

Lord, hear my prayer. Please let the Volunteers smite those blue infidels tonight.

Word.

Down with the blue infidels :rock:

This whole "Perfection" pregame buildup and intro on ESPN reminds me of the intro they did for the Pats for the Super Bowl. Hoping a similar outcome for the underdog tonight!!!

GO VOLS!

VN Store

Back