Official Vols vs Memphis game thread

watched the game in a STL bar last night... I actually had a guy look at me and say, "what the hell does Peyton Manning have to do with TN?? Hes from Indianapolis..." :blink:

watched the game in a STL bar last night... I actually had a guy look at me and say, "what the hell does Peyton Manning have to do with TN?? Hes from Indianapolis..." :blink:

Did you tell him he was the best d@** cheerleader we ever had? lol:)

I'm am sitting in the DTG&B with tears of joy in my eyes. As I said in the earlier thread, everyone who really cares about this program got their payoff tonight, and my gut tells me there's another one coming in March.
Even discounting the number of times the word Patron' likeky appeared on Hat's bar tab, the fact this win conjured this kind of emotion from our resident carmudgeon tells just how big an accomplishment Saturday's win was.

Seeing the Pearl, arms high in victory, standing atop a Lexus, may be the visual I'll carry forever though...

I remember that at half-time of the Miracle at South Bend, we dragged a couch outside and set it on fire. The Vols came back and won so it just made sense to have that as a tradition.

Even discounting the number of times the word Patron' likeky appeared on Hat's bar tab, the fact this win conjured this kind of emotion from our resident carmudgeon tells just how big an accomplishment Saturday's win was.

Seeing the Pearl, arms high in victory, standing atop a Lexus, may be the visual I'll carry forever though...

I must have missed that pic, where is it?

congrats vols on a great win. game was very, very intense and a typical dogfight, especially in a memphis and tennessee game. both teams look scary when evenly matched up against one another. again, great win and the #1 overall ... see you guys in the tourney!

:hi:

congrats vols on a great win. game was very, very intense and a typical dogfight, especially in a memphis and tennessee game. both teams look scary when evenly matched up against one another. again, great win and the #1 overall ... see you guys in the tourney!

:hi:
Thanks for your classy remarks.

I've been in Florida for the last 5 days so I have not seen any posts about THE GAME!

I stated last week on several threads that I thought this was a rivalry game. I got LAMBASTED for it!

After watching the game and seeing the frenzy and seeing there were more than 1700 posts on the game thread........what do you think now??????

IT IS A RIVALRY! BTW.....told you so!

I've been in Florida for the last 5 days so I have not seen any posts about THE GAME!

I stated last week on several threads that I thought this was a rivalry game. I got LAMBASTED for it!

After watching the game and seeing the frenzy and seeing there were more than 1700 posts on the game thread........what do you think now??????

IT IS A RIVALRY! BTW.....told you so!

Uhm...

I'd guess it was because it was a #1 v #2 game.

Yeah. you're right. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that we were playing for our first ever #1 ranking.

Sarcasm does not suit you dickens821!

You can't tell me this game is not a rivalry. Would it have been the same if it was # 1 Kansas v #2 UT?? NO!

Sarcasm does not suit you dickens821!

You can't tell me this game is not a rivalry. Would it have been the same if it was # 1 Kansas v #2 UT?? NO!
I would not have mattered who the #1 was if we beat them on their court.

In fact, almost any of the other contenders for #1 would have helped from a validity standpoint.

VN Store

Back