Ok BVS is back

Other_Guy

foolishFool
I've watched a ton of predictions big names or small youtubers and literally everyone is picking Tenn, and most are expecting big wins. I was fairly confident before last week, more confident afterwards until I'm hearing everyone's picks and now I'm worried. Someone calm me down šŸ˜‚

I've watched a ton of predictions big names or small youtubers and literally everyone is picking Tenn, and most are expecting big wins. I was fairly confident before last week, more confident afterwards until I'm hearing everyone's picks and now I'm worried. Someone calm me down šŸ˜‚
I feel the same way, a nervous wreck.

I think we win this one handily. After decades of getting kicked in the nuts by this football team, I try to stay as grounded as possible, but in this case we are just more talented all around. Biggest danger is McCall gets hot and carves up Martinez's secondary and it's a total track meet. If we can get some stops (which we should with our DL vs. their OL) I think we'll win by 2 touchdowns or more because I don't see them slowing us down much.

I can understand the sentiment. imo this is the biggest year of Tennessee šŸˆ this century. We have a šŸ” 5-10 pick (Pearce) who can wreck a game along with the rest of that defensive line and a QB who should be in NY for the Heisman.

Heupel seemed pissed postgame about the end of the first half and I think weā€™re going to unleash 60 minutes of fury against the Wolfpack.

We are all living with deep scars from the last 20+ years so yes Iā€™m right there with you. šŸ˜‚

But what gives me peace is the fact that I truly trust in Heupelā€™s ability to prepare this team and keep them on track to taking it one game at a time.

Does that mean we wonā€™t get upset by teams we shouldnā€™t? No we will at times over his career. But he seems to be the type of coach that that will be rare cases. And part of what makes this work is the culture heā€™s building and the leaders WITHIN the team aka players.

A team becomes a lot like their coach, and thatā€™s a great feeling for me. I believe most of the time his teams will play focused, loose, competitive and confident.

Because of that, I donā€™t see us beating ourselves today. I believe this team knows this is a legit step up from week one and they need to accept that challenge and be ready to roll.

Add to that, this team has enough players who lost to South Carolina and know you better come against these good but not great teams, because if you donā€™t theyā€™ll absolutely knock you off.

I Know from whence the OP is coming. Fear lasts long after it should have went away. And some fear is healthy as it tempers overconfidence.
The one piece missing from the Heupel Teamsā€™ identities is a an ability to win a big game in a hostile environment (and yes, I know we had one with LSU).
Charolette I Iā€™ll be a neutral game; letā€™s hope we can make it into Neyland East.
The game that will really tell the tale is Oklahoma.
But I feel like, in Nico, we have a QB who can lead in any setting. Just like ICE Man, he will give this team the extra boost we need to get over that particular hump.

We are all living with deep scars from the last 20+ years so yes Iā€™m right there with you. šŸ˜‚

But what gives me peace is the fact that I truly trust in Heupelā€™s ability to prepare this team and keep them on track to taking it one game at a time.

Does that mean we wonā€™t get upset by teams we shouldnā€™t? No we will at times over his career. But he seems to be the type of coach that that will be rare cases. And part of what makes this work is the culture heā€™s building and the leaders WITHIN the team aka players.

A team becomes a lot like their coach, and thatā€™s a great feeling for me. I believe most of the time his teams will play focused, loose, competitive and confident.

Because of that, I donā€™t see us beating ourselves today. I believe this team knows this is a legit step up from week one and they need to accept that challenge and be ready to roll.

Add to that, this team has enough players who lost to South Carolina and know you better come against these good but not great teams, because if you donā€™t theyā€™ll absolutely knock you off.
All good points

Reactions: BADGER_VOL
This game may be as important as any game we play. I know itā€™s a non-conference game, but it will set the tone for the rest of the season. We are favored, and the line keeps growing as the bookies try to balance their books. The question is, how good is this team? Can it handle success?I believe NC State will come out with their hair on fire. If the Vols can handle Stateā€™s first punches and shut them down, theyā€™ll be fine. All of us remember the 2022 South Carolina nightmare. I would like to think the Vols take care of business. If they can beat a fired-up NC State, it shows that they are as good as we think they are, and that our hopes for the playoffs are not just a Big Orange dream. When I see the Dr. Pepper hype train, I canā€™t help but think of this yearā€™s Vols. Letā€™s hope the Volunteer Express stays on the tracks and cures our Battered Vol Syndrome once and for all! GBO!!

Reactions: I4Vols
Most of us fans can't fathom the talent we are about to experience at qb.
I would agree because most know heā€™s good but we are on the cusp of a unique combo of total package of skills plus a coach who knows how to even make it better in development AND a system that is brilliant for maximizing this talent.

When, not IF, he starts to show what heā€™s capable ofā€¦if we think we are stockpiling QBā€™s nowā€¦ šŸ˜³ weā€™ll have to beat them off with a stick. Theyā€™ll be waiting in lines and committing as early as coach wants them in their careers and build classes around them.

My reluctance to go all-in on this team's perceived greatness has less to do with Nico and more to do with the defense. The VOLS might as well have played against air last week. Need to see the linebackers and secondary able to contain speedy receivers slanting across the middle, deep sideline throws and a mobile QB. My heart can't handle 41-38 shootouts on a regular basis.

Reactions: volsdeepnsc
I always get slightly nervous on gameday given what we had to endure in the years between Fulmer and Heupel lol. UT should win this handily though. Seems like a bad matchup for NC State in the trenches and I donā€™t think theyā€™ll handle the tempo very well.

I have a sick feeling that a freshman QB is going to look like a Freshman, that a really good opponents QB is going to torch our new secondary, that we are going to fumble, make some dumb mental errors, and miss a FG or two.

So, if ALL of that happensā€¦ā€¦. Our HUGE advantage in talent leads me to this conclusion: VOLS by thirty plus.

Realistically, this is going to be a BEATDOWN not seen since the Roman Coliseum was in business.

My advice : go get a six pack of Bud heavy and a roll of extra strong two-ply Charmin. Youā€™re gonna crap all over yourself when you see this beatingā€¦

Iā€™m nervous too. I look at it this way. If we look like crap today I can atleast get rid of the playoff hopes that have been driving me crazy since the offseason. If we win handily, then Iā€™ll gladly accept that burden as well lol.

Pearce was quiet last week. Pearce is from Charlotte area. Pearce has heard the nay sayers and the doubters this week. Expect a very motivated James Pearce to show up this weekend. He and West understand what they need to do this weekend.

Don't drink, need something something lol
If you have a spouse or significant other, give them a ten-second hug. Then go outside and march counterclockwise around your house seven times while reciting Neylandā€™s maxims. After that, alternate jogging while you sing ā€œDown the Fieldā€ and high-stepping whilst singing ā€œRocky Topā€ clockwise around the nearest tree until you collapse.

Repeat once every hour as needed.

VN Store

Back