Ok BVS is back

I am not at all nervous about today’s game. Too much offense and too much defense and not even consider the advantage of coaching.
Same here. I trust Heupel to get our guys ready. Lots of 🍊 in Charlotte. Just gotta play our game and play together. We got this

Reactions: Jacksonvol
I've watched a ton of predictions big names or small youtubers and literally everyone is picking Tenn, and most are expecting big wins. I was fairly confident before last week, more confident afterwards until I'm hearing everyone's picks and now I'm worried. Someone calm me down 😂
South Carolina 2022?

Maybe…

I've watched a ton of predictions big names or small youtubers and literally everyone is picking Tenn, and most are expecting big wins. I was fairly confident before last week, more confident afterwards until I'm hearing everyone's picks and now I'm worried. Someone calm me down 😂
It'll be fine man. Vols are rolling big in this one. This isn't Dooley/Jones/Pruitt Tennessee.

Nothing wrong with cautious optimism. Very little to be gained with arrogant predictions of massive victory except to posture for attack posts for hard fought win or even a loss. Expectation is a serious attitude in the absence of game reps against P4 teams.

Bottom line I BELIEVE by years end almost every room will be better than last, but to ASSUME that enough players are way up the learning curve is just not intelligent. Possible, but not probable. As individuals and as rooms. Making the same reads with different experience levels cannot be assumed.

Like the rest of the world I will especially be watching the DB’s and the revamped OL, what I believe to be the gating factors on each side of the ball. Even expecting near perfection from Nico against a step up in competition is problematic in his 3rd start.

I won’t start making definitive statements till post OK game. Too many low snap guys in the 2 deep and injuries can be problematic as well, especially early.

at WORST this turns into a track meet with both sides scoring at will. IF (and thats a big if) the offenses are equal, I still like our chances, we have the better front 7 on defense and they will wreak havoc enough for us to get the win if only by 3-7 points.

We all love "Vols by Fiddy" but in this case I think it is more like Vols by 10-14.

Reactions: BADGER_VOL
at WORST this turns into a track meet with both sides scoring at will. IF (and thats a big if) the offenses are equal, I still like our chances, we have the better front 7 on defense and they will wreak havoc enough for us to get the win if only by 3-7 points.

We all love "Vols by Fiddy" but in this case I think it is more like Vols by 10-14.
Could be the case but if true, and that happens and we don’t grow a ton really fast, this is a three loss team for sure. Possibly four loss team.

Gotta refer to Jimmy Buffett in the week anniversary of his passing. Good thoughts on the passing of an era, and the beginning of a new one.

Buffett on mourning.jpg

I just don't think NC State is good enough to hang with Tennessee. Tennessee would have to play bad to lose this one.

Oklahoma will be a real test (looks like Arkansas as well).

Reactions: BADGER_VOL
Eh you can’t let others control how you feel. Be excited, be optimistic, but keep your composure. I’d rather be fired up than worried. We only got 10 of these left after today. 🚀 🍊 🔥 🍊

We got this. Nico runs our system much closer to Hooker than Milton.

I really don't want this to sound snarky. I'm being serious.

If not knowing whether the good guys win in the end detracts from your enjoyment, record the game and watch it after you know the outcome. Or watch a Marvel movie.

It's entertainment. Is there any other reason for a fan to watch it?

When we were kids, maybe we'd ride certain amusement park rides "to prove ourselves" against fear or sensations we didn't like. I think those are valid and healthy rites of passage. But if at a certain age you realize that you've long ago proven your mettle, and you don't actually enjoy certain rides...

So either watch the game to prove that you can deal with BVS and uncertainty (a worthwhile goal, especially today!), or enjoy the replay. But give yourself a good Saturday!

VN Store

Back