'24 OK EDGE Danny Okoye (OK commit)

I thought it was a Tribute to the GREAT Wooderson...

tenor.gif

Or Kenny Powers

PitifulDefiniteArmyworm-size_restricted.gif

I got this, truthfully it’s a popular rappers gang hand signal. It’s called “Slime” from Young Thug. But nowadays it’s just become common with a lot of players and rappers because it looks cool.
Ish has bekome (become) brazy (crazy) bruh

James Ballinger was astounded. Danny Okoye routinely evaded the guard of NOAH’s towering offensive linemen in one-on-one drills. The NOAH coach watched as the sophomore bounced off larger bodies with relative ease. At times, he’d drive blockers nearly 30 pounds heavier firmly into the dirt. “I remember we had some really big offensive linemen back then,” Ballinger said. “(Okoye) was bullying them. It was well before he was filled out like he is now. He was still in really good shape but man, it was impressive." It was in that moment, on a hot, summer afternoon in Claremore that Ballinger pinpointed the generational talent on his team.

...High-caliber home-schooled prospects don’t come [around very] often. Neither do players with the versatility and athleticism of Okoye, Ballinger says. Okoye, who has played up to six different positions with the Jaguars, is described by his coach as a “Swiss Army Knife.” In two seasons at NOAH, he has lined up as a running back, slot receiver, tight end, offensive tackle, punter and edge rusher — where he draws the most attention.

“Offensively, we haven’t even figured out where to use him,” Ballinger said. “He’s just such a freak athlete. You don’t come across kids like him very much.” Okoye said he embraces the opportunity to play all over the field, but he realizes his future as a football player is on defense.
NOAH's Danny Okoye, the state's top recruit, embracing opportunity as home-schooled athlete

Danny Okoye’s day always starts with 300 push-ups. Sit-ups and other various body-weight exercises soon follow. “I can do 50 pull-ups at a time,” said Okoye, a 6-foot-5, 240-pound junior at NOAH. They are impressive numbers for Okoye, who said he has been training using calisthenics since he was 5. He immerses himself into his training, working out both with his team and alone.

But he’s quick to point out he’s not in the gym as much as people think. He reserves time for lifting weights to team practices, where his numbers are just as jaw-dropping. He bench presses 335 pounds. He back squats 455. His deadlift — a massive 685 pounds — laps most teammates. But he attributes most of his strength to his calisthenics.

...Okoye works out so much because of the strength advantage it gives him on the football field. He lays out punishing hits on defense, which landed him the nickname “Danny Phantom.” The nickname — a nod to an old Nickelodeon cartoon of the same name — was bestowed to Okoye during NOAH’s spring camp, after teammates started likening his hard hits to “taking somebody’s soul.” It steadily molded from “soul” to “ghost” then “phantom” before his first name was tagged on.
NOAH's Danny Okoye, enamored with strength training, has become a Division I darling
50 pull ups at a time is insane if that is one set.

Multiple sources told us this week that they can see Jordan Ross and Danny Okoye in Orange. Okoye was here unofficially so that’s great news for Tennessee as he looks like he will be back for his official in late September for the South Carolina game.
As for Ross, it’s a bit harder in our opinion because you will have to find a way to sustain the momentum you gained last weekend with him continuing to say he plans on taking it deep into the fall.
-VQ

VN Store

Back