'24 OK EDGE Danny Okoye (OK commit)

I like this kid's film. I just have to remind myself he is playing against homeschoolers in Oklahoma. He plays really high because he can. It's easy to push around 5'11" 225 lb OL. He will not see action immediately if he comes. Needs a lot of work. But, CRG is the guy to make him what he needs to be by his junior year. But...he is really, really raw. Ceiling is incredible though.
The level of competition looks really bad in the film, similar to bad 1A football in TN. But, we have had some hits and misses with kids from small schools: (Hits-Daniel Bituli, Coleman Thomas; Misses-Chris Donald, Daniel Brooks). So, he could still possibly dominate against better competition.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
His size is not a concern dude. We took Pearce who was 6’5.5 215, same position. Herring was 6’5 210. Josephs was 6’3 215.

And all made significant contributions as freshmen. Really like these guys, gonna only get better. Most of these kids aren't anywhere close to done growing when they get here anyway. I'd take as many of these kind of guys as possible.

Reactions: Dudley Smith
His size is not a concern dude. We took Pearce who was 6’5.5 215, same position. Herring was 6’5 210. Josephs was 6’3 215.

Correct…..both Josephs and Pearce are also 240+ now. Herring is pushing 240lb himself. Ross’ size is most def not a concern. I bet he’s actually the perfect size in the coaching staffs eyes. Can easily get him to 240-250 and send him on murder missions in pass situations as early as game 1. That kid might actually weigh 240 by the time he graduates anyways.

Last edited:
Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
If you can’t put weight on an 18 year old once he gets to college, you need a new S&C staff.
Agreed. Our S&C staff under Heupel has thoroughly impressed me. The greatest evidence for me is our players numbers at the NFL combine the last 2 years. It shows clear development outside of just improved play on the field.

Last edited:
Danny Okoye is taking a couple of visits next week to Alabama and Oklahoma. Tennessee still holds the advantage with Texas also in play for Okoye. The Tulsa native loves the vibe in Knoxville and is very comfortable with Rocky Top. He will officially visit for the South Carolina game and likely make a decision after that.
-VQ

Ed Zachary. And our nutrition and S&C programs are top notch right now. They have to be with the brand of football we play with Heup at the helm.

Danny Okoye is taking a couple of visits next week to Alabama and Oklahoma. Tennessee still holds the advantage with Texas also in play for Okoye. The Tulsa native loves the vibe in Knoxville and is very comfortable with Rocky Top. He will officially visit for the South Carolina game and likely make a decision after that.
We will take both Okoye and Ross or is it the first one to commit?
Thanks,

Thanks,

Both

Thanks,
If there’s no spots left and Ross wants in, you make space. I like Okoye too but Ross has all the elite tools

Reactions: ALStateLineVol

VN Store

Back