'24 OK EDGE Danny Okoye (OK commit)

Boo going shopping

b78e4d29bbc5740acde8be89187dd261_w200.gif

Make the case: Okoye’s first trip to Tennessee was back in January when he and a couple of buddies drove to Knoxville by themselves from Tulsa. His next was a solo trip where he got plenty of time with the staff and current Vols. He got to spend time with fellow midwestern defensive lineman Chandavian Bradley. The best thing going for Tennessee is the momentum they got from this past trip with an official visit looking like it will take place in late September.

Take: Tennessee carries the momentum in this one and again it’s big to have that official visit in their hip pocket. Okoye is as impressive of a young man as I’ve been around with one heck of a radio voice if football doesn’t pan out. The Vols will have to hold their momentum but I definitely think it’s doable.

-AP

Make the case: Okoye’s first trip to Tennessee was back in January when he and a couple of buddies drove to Knoxville by themselves from Tulsa. His next was a solo trip where he got plenty of time with the staff and current Vols. He got to spend time with fellow midwestern defensive lineman Chandavian Bradley. The best thing going for Tennessee is the momentum they got from this past trip with an official visit looking like it will take place in late September.

Take: Tennessee carries the momentum in this one and again it’s big to have that official visit in their hip pocket. Okoye is as impressive of a young man as I’ve been around with one heck of a radio voice if football doesn’t pan out. The Vols will have to hold their momentum but I definitely think it’s doable.

-AP
Dang, call the guy ugly before he even officially visits.

Maybe we can keep the momentum and eventually sign this kid since we are apparently going to whiff on most of the other big time DL studs we have been recruiting.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I like this kid's film. I just have to remind myself he is playing against homeschoolers in Oklahoma. He plays really high because he can. It's easy to push around 5'11" 225 lb OL. He will not see action immediately if he comes. Needs a lot of work. But, CRG is the guy to make him what he needs to be by his junior year. But...he is really, really raw. Ceiling is incredible though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smokey19rt
I like this kid's film. I just have to remind myself he is playing against homeschoolers in Oklahoma. He plays really high because he can. It's easy to push around 5'11" 225 lb OL. He will not see action immediately if he comes. Needs a lot of work. But, CRG is the guy to make him what he needs to be by his junior year. But...he is really, really raw. Ceiling is incredible though.
He's raw from a technique perspective. Physically, he's SEC ready right now. He would be pushing for major PT after a RS season. IMHO.

VN Store

Back