Oklahoma game

If we lose the OK we are a mediocre to bad team. OK will not be that good, they will probably finish around 7-5 next season.
OU still has a lot of talent dude. But a lot of their success will be determined by Arnold. Losing Lebby will likely hurt them quite a bit. Luckily we play them early when Arnold may not have a complete grasp of whatever offense the new OC implements.

OU was probably better this year than every SEC team outside of Bama and UGA. And they return most of their starting defense that was a few future of day 1/day 2 NFL draft picks.

Reactions: volfaninky
If you put us up against each other at a neutral site, I see a great game and a Vols win. But it’s at Oklahoma and we have developed the “travel away and not show up” stigma. I’m concerned that we are the better team but will lose the game. I don’t see it as a must win though. Florida is a must win. Every game that’s not uga, Bama, Oklahoma are must wins, especially if we want a shot at the playoffs. 9-3 with close losses to this teams could get us a playoff spot. 8-4, or 9-3 with blowout losses, will not.

OU still has a lot of talent dude. But a lot of their success will be determined by Arnold. Losing Lebby will likely hurt them quite a bit. Luckily we play them early when Arnold may not have a complete grasp of whatever offense the new OC implements.

OU was probably better this year than every SEC team outside of Bama and UGA. And they return most of their starting defense that was a few future of day 1/day 2 NFL draft picks.
Missouri?

OP, I think Okla is a must win. We can't lose more than two games. Because being awarded a playoff spot is the first criteria for a successful season.

Reactions: DarkVolder
Who has said “taller version of Bryce Young”? That’s a new one for me. I’m just looking forward to watching him progress from his first game all the way through next season. I have no expectations, as he has yet to take a meaningful snap in college football so I’m just gonna sit back and enjoy the ride

If only that was the mindset of most fans, but that's asking the impossible. The idiotic hot takes will commence within minutes of the kickoff on Monday.

If we play a good road game we win, I am just concerned about how we will play on the road next year. This year we were very bad on the road.
Hope it’s a day game. We play much better in road day games than night games

Sorry, but I have a hard taking a team serious when their starting QB is Jackson Arnold.
raw

Reactions: Okie
That game is a must win next season wouldn’t you think with the difficult schedule we have in 2024.
Must win in what sense? Making a bowl sense - as in you think they’re going to struggle with NC State and would have trouble making a bowl game? (Because honestly there’s what should be at least 8 wins there without OU…9 if I actually discount Florida and don’t give it any special treatment).

VN Store

Back