Oklahoma would kill to trade coaches with us

After watching their QB in the bowl game, I was really underwhelmed. I think losing Lebby will at OC will hurt them as well and their offense will take a step back as a whole. I see them as a 7-5 or 8-4 team at best.

We tend not to play to our potential on the road, but I like our chances with Nico at QB. He is too dynamic to keep under wraps the whole game. Arizona who ran a semi-up tempo offense had plenty of success against OU. I see us shredding their defense in the run game and in the least, outpacing their offense. Plus our D-Line against OU's QB who likes to hold the ball too long is a matchup greatly in our favor.
He was a Freshman, of coursehe held the ball too long. Just like Nico did. . Their offense, like him will only get better. This will NOT be an easy win. Let's not fool ourselves, that's where CJH's teams have struggled. Road games have gone really bad at times. S. Car, Mizzou, Fla, Ga , Ala etc. In saying that, it's definitely winnable, but not easy by any means. I really doubt most Okla fans are expecting a Loss.

Crazy how things turn out. I was really wanting Venables to be our coach at one point during a coaching search

Lol just a funny thought after spending some time in north tExAs and in Oklahoma. They’re all concerned about Tennessee’s trip to Norman. We’re gonna win in a landslide. Lettin y’all know now

What!? Actually most OU fans are very supportive of the Sooner coaching staff. Heupel is still loved in Oklahoma, but folks want Venables at the helm.

Tennessee's football commands respect for what they've accomplished recently and over the long haul. You'd be a fool to play the Vols and not go into the game with due respect for a very capable opponent. I think most Sooners agree with me that it will be an absolute dog fight.

That said, I think OU is the better team and will win in September. OU by 6.

What!? Actually most OU fans are very supportive of the Sooner coaching staff. Heupel is still loved in Oklahoma, but folks want Venables at the helm.

Tennessee's football commands respect for what they've accomplished recently and over the long haul. You'd be a fool to play the Vols and not go into the game with due respect for a very capable opponent. I think most Sooners agree with me that it will be an absolute dog fight.

That's how an Oklahoma fan should feel. Respect that.

Of course, you're wrong. We're gonna march into your house, face a fierce opponent, defending your own turf, and show you and the world that we're back.

Listen, that's a compliment. We wouldn't be able to prove we're back playing Vandy, or South Carolina, or Mizzou or Kentucky. It takes beating a team of Oklahoma or Texas or Bama or Georgia's quality to prove that.

So that's what we'll do. Looking forward to our lads facing off against yours.

Go Vols!

I thought OU OL is rather suspect. If our OL is good as we think, then we are very stout on both lines. It wont be easy, but I will take my chances with that every game every day.

Sir, this is not 2000.

You all don't have Marcus Bradley and Iglesias running down the field or Adrian Peterson coming downhill.

Tennessee is about to welcome you all real to a real conference.

Yeah you'll be up for Tennessee. But what about the week after that? The week after Texas?? And the following weeks after that?

Tennessee by 21

He was a Freshman, of coursehe held the ball too long. Just like Nico did. . Their offense, like him will only get better. This will NOT be an easy win. Let's not fool ourselves, that's where CJH's teams have struggled. Road games have gone really bad at times. S. Car, Mizzou, Fla, Ga , Ala etc. In saying that, it's definitely winnable, but not easy by any means. I really doubt most Okla fans are expecting a Loss.
I considered the fact he was a freshman in his first start. Even then he held the ball waaaayyyy too long. There really was no excuse for it at any level of football in any curcumstance. He also has a slow release.

Nico played one of the top defenses in the country and led the team to a comfortable 35-0 victory.

I'm expecting a win. It won't be easy, but that's becuase our team has to do a better job of playing on the road. Still, we are superior and yes, I think most reasonable OU fans are expecting to lose.

That's how an Oklahoma fan should feel. Respect that.

Of course, you're wrong. We're gonna march into your house, face a fierce opponent, defending your own turf, and show you and the world that we're back.

Listen, that's a compliment. We wouldn't be able to prove we're back playing Vandy, or South Carolina, or Mizzou or Kentucky. It takes beating a team of Oklahoma or Texas or Bama or Georgia's quality to prove that.

So that's what we'll do. Looking forward to our lads facing off against yours.

Go Vols!

You have far more confidence than I. While Huepel has done a great job defending our house, the road performances leave a lot to be desired. I sure hope you're right though.

Reactions: ntxVOL
Didn't Venables and Napier thumb their noses at the Tennessee job?
I don't know if they did or not but a lot of coaches, such as Tony Elliott, will say they were offered a job and turned it down as a means of self-promotion. Danny White got annoyed with Elliott before our game with Virginia last year and set the record straight. Elliott was not made an offer.

No fan of a college football program as strong as Oklahoma, is going to pick against his team at home. That's a reasonable and respectful opinion, sir ....

.... it goes without saying, you are wrong, of course.

OU replaces alot on offense this year. 5 offensive Lineman, Offensive Coordinator, and QB. including some at the skill positions. now, 3 games is not enough to get that figured out when you have possibly the best dline in football coming in. Where Oklahoma does have returning starters is on defense. We will still be breaking in Nico, so if im a betting man. I would take the under in this game, giving the edge to TN due to returnin starters and experience on offensive line being the difference.

OU replaces alot on offense this year. 5 offensive Lineman, Offensive Coordinator, and QB. including some at the skill positions. now, 3 games is not enough to get that figured out when you have possibly the best dline in football coming in. Where Oklahoma does have returning starters is on defense. We will still be breaking in Nico, so if im a betting man. I would take the under in this game, giving the edge to TN due to returnin starters and experience on offensive line being the difference.
Agree with just about everything, aRmo, but the Nico bit.

Because he will be attuned to the speed of the college game by that point, and already knows the offense well.

Starting last season's bowl game was the difference maker--allowed him to transition BEFORE the off-season into the lead QB mindset. So he spent January to now 100% adjusted to it.

And finally, we give him an on-ramp with the way this season lays out:

1721828397924.png

By the time the lads get to Oklahoma in game #4, he'll have ramped up from a cupcake start through a decent game two, and then a scrimmage before facing one of the three top challenges of our season.

He'll feel like an old hand by then.

Marching into the home stadium of a program like Oklahoma is no gimme, for sure, but Nico will be set up well to succeed there nonetheless.

Go Vols!

Reactions: VolFanatic27

Because he will be attuned to the speed of the college game by that point, and already knows the offense well.

Starting last season's bowl game was the difference maker--allowed him to transition BEFORE the off-season into the lead QB mindset. So he spent January to now 100% adjusted to it.

View attachment 661393

By the time the lads get to Oklahoma in game #4, he'll have ramped up from a cupcake start through a decent game two, and then a scrimmage before facing one of the three top challenges of our season.

Marching into the home stadium of a program like Oklahoma is no gimme, for sure, but Nico will be set up well to succeed there nonetheless.

Go Vols!
I really hope Nico progresses as quickly as you think but I am not as optimistic as you.

One bowl game means nothing. Hopefully the team's confidence is high going into Norman because that is important and likely means things are going well.

View attachment 661393

Go Vols!
Lets hope you are correct. But, i have a feeling it will be a 24-20 type game in Norman.

Lol just a funny thought after spending some time in north tExAs and in Oklahoma. They’re all concerned about Tennessee’s trip to Norman. We’re gonna win in a landslide. Lettin y’all know now
They have a very good defense with new coordinator and many transfers and recruits.... this will NOT be a landslide.. this will be a very difficult game

Literally every sooner fan a talked to this past week admitted to my face that they’d trade coaches with us. Venables is a decent coach, don’t get me wrong.

VN Store

Back