Oklahoma would kill to trade coaches with us

That's how an Oklahoma fan should feel. Respect that.

Of course, you're wrong. We're gonna march into your house, face a fierce opponent, defending your own turf, and show you and the world that we're back.

Listen, that's a compliment. We wouldn't be able to prove we're back playing Vandy, or South Carolina, or Mizzou or Kentucky. It takes beating a team of Oklahoma or Texas or Bama or Georgia's quality to prove that.

So that's what we'll do. Looking forward to our lads facing off against yours.

Go Vols!
Lmao at grouping OU and texas with Bama and Georgia though

Lmfao stop embarrassing yourself
you’re the only one embarrassing yourself because you don’t know how to speak to others with respect.

Sark is a recovering raging alcoholic going into the most high stress conference in America. He has 1 double digit win season in 10 years coaching and has a career win % under 60%. This past year is the first time in 10 years that his team has lost less than 4 games. There is nothing embarrassing about saying that he hasn’t proven to be anything other than decent so far.

Are you a closet tExAs fan or something? That’s really the only reason for you to be such a condescending prick about a common sense statement that I made.

You have far more confidence than I. While Huepel has done a great job defending our house, the road performances leave a lot to be desired. I sure hope you're right though.
We’ve really just had 3 bad results in the last 3 years. We’ve had some good results too on the road, Like LSU, Kentucky twice, Mizzou in ‘21. The Mizzou ‘23, South Carolina ‘22, and Florida ‘23 all sting though, that’s for sure.

I don’t think we’ve been ready to beat a Bama or Georgia on the road yet, so I haven’t stressed about those yet. Coming in the next two years, we need to start competing on the road against those teams.

Although Heupel is closing the gap and had to deal with sanctions, Venables has definitely beat Heupel in recruiting the last 2-3 years. i would say OU is happy with Venables.

Heupel seems like a better game day coach, however. We will see on Sept 28th.

Neither of them got the chance.

Dan White offered the job to just two people: James Franklin and Josh Heupel. Anyone else the AD's office may have contacted, those were just feelers. You can't thumb a nose at a feeler. It's just a feeler.

And, btw, I vaguely remember Libby being one of the people feelers were put out to. Dunno if the other was Venables, Napier, or someone else.

Go Vols!

I think Venables was in the mix when we hired Pruitt (so previous coaching search). Man was Pruitt a disaster.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
I think we can beat anyone, I also think we can lose to some teams we should beat. Not much has to go wrong for a quality team like OU to beat you in their house.
This is such a great way to put it. Couldn’t agree more. This game could make or break the direction of this season. It’s a huge game on many levels and it could easily go either way imo.

I honestly believe that OU will be much better than everyone is predicting. I like to think they’ve been hearing all this hype Texas is getting coming into the conference (rightfully so) and they will have a chip on their shoulder wanting to stake their own claim in the SEC. I’d say they’ll be kicking their chops to do that against us.

That being said, vols by fiddy

Reactions: ntxVOL
Although Heupel is closing the gap and had to deal with sanctions, Venables has definitely beat Heupel in recruiting the last 2-3 years. i would say OU is happy with Venables.

Heupel seems like a better game day coach, however. We will see on Sept 28th.
I agree that OU has out recruited us in terms of rankings. I think that is partially offset by the fact that in terms of player development, Heupel is among the best at getting the most out of the recruits he does have.
Regardless, this will be one of the most fascinating match ups of 2024. I am expecting a Heck of a game

Reactions: volbound1700
I agree that OU has out recruited us in terms of rankings. I think that is partially offset by the fact that in terms of player development, Heupel is among the best at getting the most out of the recruits he does have.
Regardless, this will be one of the most fascinating match ups of 2024. I am expecting a Heck of a game

I think it is more program driven than Coach driven. Oklahoma is a more prestigious program due to the fact they have won a lot of Big12 titles and had more 10-11 win seasons (plus they are just a stronger program all-time vs. Tennessee). Heupel also had recruiting sanctions.

However, there hasn't been any major red flags with Venables so far.

I think it is more program driven than Coach driven. Oklahoma is a more prestigious program due to the fact they have won a lot of Big12 titles and had more 10-11 win seasons (plus they are just a stronger program all-time vs. Tennessee). Heupel also had recruiting sanctions.

However, there hasn't been any major red flags with Venables so far.
I will be rooting for OU in every game EXCEPT against UT (and I mean the REAL UT, not those arrogant, delusional, and self important guys from Austin 😉)

Reactions: trj

VN Store

Back