Old, But Good Article on Jalen Hurd and Butch Jones Conflict

Butch was so pissed when he was fired that he did everything he could to keep drawing from Tennessee the max amount while still sticking it to Tennessee. The pic of him smoking a cigar with Bama after they beat his player at Tennessee pretty much sums up him as a human being. Pruitt I thought was a great person coming in but I know a lot now that has changed my opinion or at least made it more nuanced. Dooley and Pruitt wanted to build Tennessee the program, Butch always wanted to build Butch.
Lyle wasn’t pissed that he got fired. He wanted to get fired for the buyout, which is why he tanked that season.

A good reminder that Jalen Hurd's body was beginning to suffer even before he left for Baylor. In retrospect he never had a chance in the NFL.

Met him at my Hendersonville Walmart good dude just not a vfl, but Lyle probably ruined it

“Tanked” still means LOSE ON PURPOSE? That’s making him appear crafty…he wasn’t. No, I’m afraid his natural gifts manifested.
Yes. There’s no way that team loses eight games with those players if the coaches try just a little, even Lyle.

Reactions: butchna
I can promise you he was pissed when he was let go. Still is to this day.
No sentient being could expect to keep the job after the negative milestones he set and the direction of the program. He may have pouted but his aim was the buyout money.

VN Store

Back