One guarantee for Saturday

That's what happens when you win 8 straight in a series and the team you're facing is coming off the last 5 years we have.

That's what happens when you win 8 straight in a series and the team you're facing is coming off the last 5 years we have.

i don't think it's that at all.

i think it's all the things that have been discussed that are happening throughout the country.

first of all, the economy is hitting people harder than anyone wants to acknowledge. i don't want this to turn political, but it's true.

in addition, they have squeezed the college football fan to the point where they've popped while making the television experience better and better and catering to television more and more.

an example of the simple kind of problem they have to fix....

florida plays arkansas in a few weeks. no one knows what time the game is. do i need a hotel friday night or saturday night? do i have enough time to manipulate my work/family schedule to make the game? etc, etc, etc.

a lot of people are no longer bothering to make the extra effort. a lot of fans feel that the school no longer cares about them and they are raising a middle finger.

meanwhile, are the bathrooms any nicer? are the concessions any better? do you have wifi in the stadium?

the sad part is a lot of smart people seem to be confused about all this.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 people
Maybe in 3 years with good recruiting we can watch the whole game without changing the channel.

of a UT football game on TV in at least 5 years--probably closer to 7. That's how bad we've been. Maybe a little bit of last year's georgia game late--but I generally will watch the first quarter, get my weekly/yearly sense that we sux again and are clearly going to get beat, and perhaps badly--and then go do something productive with my time. I love the Vols but it has sadly been FAR, FAR, FAR too much bad football for Far, Far, too long. One hour of anger and depression is preferable to four.

i've heard that too.

from a texas standpoint....

on some level, it makes sense because they are in desperate need of improvement on defense and muschamp clearly knows what he is doing on that side of the ball.

on the other hand, texas could hire virtually anyone. why muschamp?

from muschamp's point of view...

it's simple. would he rather be at texas or florida? i don't know.

i, personnally, believe he would stay. but, i don't know how much he loved it at texas.

I can't imagine why he would pass Texas up. He has just as much if not more recruiting pool to work with and he won't have to play SEC schools during the regular season every year.

i think it's all the things that have been discussed that are happening throughout the country.

first of all, the economy is hitting people harder than anyone wants to acknowledge. i don't want this to turn political, but it's true.

in addition, they have squeezed the college football fan to the point where they've popped while making the television experience better and better and catering to television more and more.

florida plays arkansas in a few weeks. no one knows what time the game is. do i need a hotel friday night or saturday night? do i have enough time to manipulate my work/family schedule to make the game? etc, etc, etc.

a lot of people are no longer bothering to make the extra effort. a lot of fans feel that the school no longer cares about them and they are raising a middle finger.

meanwhile, are the bathrooms any nicer? are the concessions any better? do you have wifi in the stadium?

I think the economy has improved to the point where people can afford a nice 50+ inch LED HDTV, and say to hell with going to the stadium for the other reasons you mentioned.

Reactions: 3 people
I wish some of you vol fans would go ahead and jump on the bama wagon. I dont want to here how we suck. A fan is a fan weather your team is 2-10 or 10-2.

Reactions: 5 people
I can't wait for the game. Not going down there to watch it in person, but I'm already dreading such a long week of waiting for our SEC opener. I'm hoping Curt, Jacques, and Pig will be close to 100%.

What part of SC you from bud? We will be headed down to Florida Friday from Spartanburg.

I think the economy has improved to the point where people can afford a nice 50+ inch LED HDTV, and say to hell with going to the stadium for the other reasons you mentioned.

This. I've been to a few games and am glad that i have that experience. I will go to some games in the future when my two year old gets a little older so he can have that experience too. But honestly, I don't have any interest now. I can stay at home, grill steaks, slow cook ribs, and avoid standing in piss (due to old mens inability to aim) while pissing in a trough. and have a better view of the game on my TV anyway. During halftime, turn it up to another game. It's just way too convenient to watch it at home these days.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
of a UT football game on TV in at least 5 years--probably closer to 7. That's how bad we've been. Maybe a little bit of last year's georgia game late--but I generally will watch the first quarter, get my weekly/yearly sense that we sux again and are clearly going to get beat, and perhaps badly--and then go do something productive with my time. I love the Vols but it has sadly been FAR, FAR, FAR too much bad football for Far, Far, too long. One hour of anger and depression is preferable to four.

Why are you even on here?

No ****. I really dont give a **** anymore. Ill pay attention when we have something that deserves to be paid attention. I truly hope that bball season is decent. WTF?

This is what I don't get. From Feb-Aug most posters on here were peeing themselves waiting for football season gets here. Then, after the 1st loss, these same posters can't wait for basketball season. This happens every year.

Next season, it will be the same.

Reactions: 1 person
i've heard that too.

from a texas standpoint....

on some level, it makes sense because they are in desperate need of improvement on defense and muschamp clearly knows what he is doing on that side of the ball.

on the other hand, texas could hire virtually anyone. why muschamp?

from muschamp's point of view...

it's simple. would he rather be at texas or florida? i don't know.

i, personnally, believe he would stay. but, i don't know how much he loved it at texas.

I will be very surprised if Texas hires Muschump.

I'll agree with most of your points, but not the first one.

VN Store

Back