One guarantee for Saturday

Maybe Muschamp will realize what Meyer did post Football Jesus...it's freaking hard to win in the SEC. He would have a limitless budget and a MUCH easier schedule.

How you are connecting those dots is beyond me.

The game won't be a sellout= my tickets are up for grabs

99gator,

I'm being serious here. Are you saying that if I go to the game I'll be able to buy tickets before the game?
I thought it was once quoted as being a sellout.
GO VOLS!

Has potential to be the lowest scoring game in the series since 1925....

Yes, it has the potential to be a low scoring affair. But I think Florida can score on our D much easier than we will be able to on theirs at this point. Florida always seems to correct their problems when we meet.

I hope Jacques has a better game than he did against OR. The QB ran around him like JM was running in quicksand. Looked very slow at end with absolutely no containment.

99gator,

I'm being serious here. Are you saying that if I go to the game I'll be able to buy tickets before the game?
I thought it was once quoted as being a sellout.
GO VOLS!

Im saying you can call the gator ticket office right now and buy as many as you would want if you were looking to bring a couple thousand friends

It will be closer than you think. Floridas offense is not that good and our defense is not as bad as it looked Saturday . If we get production from our qb it will be a one or two score game.

Has potential to be the lowest scoring game in the series since 1925....

that is out best chance at a win. I will be there. Live in Tampa and my wife bought me tickets. My motivation went downhill after Saturday. BUT seeing a change at QB would lift my spirits up a bit and make it interesting.

But you know what they say, the #2 QB is always the most popular guy on the team if #1 is not playing well. That is until #2 gets in the game.

Trade series with Ferguson or Dobbs. Watched both senior highlights and can say they both have intangibles. Both can scramble. Maybe it would open up things a tad if the D was at all concerned the QB may take off for a scramble every now and then.

I myself am anxious to see how the teams bounces back from huge defeat. It will go 1 of 2 ways. They will either lay down and take another thumping or they will be like a wounded animal that's backed into a corner and be as vicious as we've ever seen. I'm hoping for the latter. It will let us see what the rest of the season will hold b

There will be empty seats and tickets are available.

That was going to be true if Florida had beaten Miami too

Because nobody wants to sit through an hour of commercials and replays to determine if a guy's elbow hit the ground and whether or not the ball was sticking in a guy's had from 40 yards away. People, this is why attendance is down. Nobody wants to sit there and do nothing.

I could never get sick of UT football. Good, bad and/or ugly. It's a disease.

I'm not saying this because I'm proud. I'm saying this to raise awareness so that maybe we can find a cure.

There is no money in the cure. Only in the treatment....alcohol.

Im saying you can call the gator ticket office right now and buy as many as you would want if you were looking to bring a couple thousand friends

Thanks for the info. I'm going. :dance2: Now I have to find a hotel. I know I'm not gonna be able to drive back after the game.:crazy:
Later.
GO VOLS!

i've heard that too.

from a texas standpoint....

on some level, it makes sense because they are in desperate need of improvement on defense and muschamp clearly knows what he is doing on that side of the ball.

on the other hand, texas could hire virtually anyone. why muschamp?

from muschamp's point of view...

it's simple. would he rather be at texas or florida? i don't know.

i, personnally, believe he would stay. but, i don't know how much he loved it at texas.

99gaytor, would muchamp have more success with texas and their conference than in the SEC? that texas network will be huge. it seems their conference shouldn't be as tough as the SEC.

one thing for sure, don't see how texas keeps Brown after this year.

I think the economy has improved to the point where people can afford a nice 50+ inch LED HDTV, and say to hell with going to the stadium for the other reasons you mentioned.

Yep. I don't think it's the economy as much as that watching football at home has become so spectacular. Fans who are fully invested in the tailgate experience will always keep going. But everybody else has to make a value judgment, sometimes weekly, about money/time/effort vs how much better it is to watch from the stadium than at home. Watching from home has become exponentially better in the last few years, while the money/time/effort to go to a game has gotten worse. If fans aren't excited about a team, then it's really easy for a lot of them to just say the hell with it and stay home.

Reactions: 1 person
you've seen people on this site say they miss chavis.

imagine being a texas fan. you see the team have a top 10 defense every year with a particular coach as the d-coordinator.

that d-coordinator leaves and since then, it's like watching what you guys saw this past week against oregon.....on a weekly basis.

that's why the texas fan base still has a lot of love for muschamp. since he left, the defense hasn't just been worse, it has been an epic failure of biblical proportions.

I think, if offered, he would go. JMPO, I mean, it's a really good setup down there if you can win some games. Recruiting gold mine just like florida, and they can pay whatever you want to make.

I honestly think Texas will get whoever they want. The Almighty Dollar is a strong enticement.

i have supported tennessee through the good times and the bad times.CBJ needs us.I'm not going anywhere.GO BIG ORANGE.....

i've heard that too.

from a texas standpoint....

on some level, it makes sense because they are in desperate need of improvement on defense and muschamp clearly knows what he is doing on that side of the ball.

on the other hand, texas could hire virtually anyone. why muschamp?

from muschamp's point of view...

it's simple. would he rather be at texas or florida? i don't know.

i, personnally, believe he would stay. but, i don't know how much he loved it at texas.

If Florida makes a change in the HC this year or next i'll gurantee Bobby Petrino is in the top 2. Petrino would be dangerous in Florida. Like him or not, he's the best offensive play caller at any level.

If Florida makes a change in the HC this year or next i'll gurantee Bobby Petrino is in the top 2. Petrino would be dangerous in Florida. Like him or not, he's the best offensive play caller at any level.

Petrino will never be Florida's head coach. Never. Ever.

Lots of fan frustration in here still spilling over from Saturday's loss I see. I am pretty sure that we are all united as a fan base in our frustrations at this point. We are all sick and tired of seeing our beloved program get blown out like an FCS team. I never expected us to beat Oregon, but I sure expected us to compete. Besides the 1st 7 minutes, I don't think that performance could be construed as competing by any rational Vol fan.

As disappointed as I am over the Duck Debacle, as I have read it referred to, I am still all in on CBJ. He has a system that he is trying to install and frankly he just doesn't seem to have the personnel or the depth to run it effectively yet. We are probably struggling through one of the lowest points in our program's entire history right now. Those of us that are willing to tough it out a little longer will enjoy the fruits eventually. One certainty will always exist in football, the teams at the top today will not be there forever. Look at USC and Texas, hell look at Nebraska. UT will be back sooner than later IMO. The rest of this season might be tough for us fans, but we are showing all these highly ranked recruits just how bad we need them to help fix things.

Go Vols!

VN Store

Back