Opinion question for y'all

WoodstockVol

Would y'all be for Tennessee having helmet stickers like Ohio State and FSU have? I always thought those looked kinda cool.

Reactions: 1 person
Would y'all be for Tennessee having helmet stickers like Ohio State and FSU have? I always thought those looked kinda cool.

Hell no! I never liked it. I think it junks the helmet up and seems very "pop warner league" to me. Your 18-22 years old! You're a grown ass man! You telling me you need a frickin' sticker to motivate you to practice and play harder? My wife and I are currently potty training my 2 year old. He gets a sticker everytime he goes to the bathroom. Makes me think of this everytime I see GA, Ohio State, or Fl State on TV!

Reactions: 15 people
Helmet stickers suck.

Ohio St and UGA have some of the best helmets in the country, and they crap them up with those stupid stickers.

Yes, love them and would also want them to stop repainting the helmets between games. We look too clean. Look at Peyton and the OLineman in this one. See the scratches and scuffmarks? It looks like they are in battle.

1403789_crop_650x440.jpg

Look at AJ in this one, not a mark on him. Makes him look like a newb.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/tenn/sports/m-footbl/auto_twelvephoto/8354243.jpeg

Reactions: 3 people
We had them in High School cool then.College not so much I think that some teams have always done it so it looks good for them being part of their tradition but not here.

We had them in High School cool then.College not so much I think that some teams have always done it so it looks good for them being part of their tradition but not here.

I don't think it looks too bad for Ohio State because they have no helmet logos. Their helmets are basically a "blank canvas" so the buckeye stickers sort of make sense for them. However for UT I think it would look terrible!

Reactions: 2 people
Yes, love them and would also want them to stop repainting the helmets between games. We look too clean. Look at Peyton and the OLineman in this one. See the scratches and scuffmarks? It looks like they are in battle.

Look at AJ in this one, not a mark on him. Makes him look like a newb.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/tenn/sports/m-footbl/auto_twelvephoto/8354243.jpeg

The difference in those 2 helmets is about 12 years of manufacturing R&D to make the composites more resistant to scratches and dings. While they may buff them in between I'm pretty sure the new ones are just a tougher composite.

I have thought about this before with our helmets. If we had a sticker what would it be? The only thing that I think would fit with the Volunteer tradition would be a Powder Horn.
IMOHO I' m not a fan of it when they get out of hand like on some of the FSU helmets. Some of the UGA dog bones look pretty good but just a few. I think I would have to know what the sticker was and how it looked before I made the call.
With that said If HCBJ said next week that there will be helmet stickers, 99% of VN would post that "HE Gets IT". :dance2:

I have thought about this before with our helmets. If we had a sticker what would it be? The only thing that I think would fit with the Volunteer tradition would be a Powder Horn.
IMOHO I' m not a fan of it when they get out of hand like on some of the FSU helmets. Some of the UGA dog bones look pretty good but just a few. I think I would have to know what the sticker was and how it looked before I made the call.
With that said If HCBJ said next week that there will be helmet stickers, 99% of VN would post that "HE Gets IT". :dance2:

I remember Herschel Walker's UGA helmet in 1982. It had so many stickers that you couldn't see the G on the side of the helmet.

No sticker and no buff between games. Start 1st game with a shiny helmet. Don't touch it until the end of the year. We had helmets covered with stickers in HS......College is time to grow up.

VN Store

Back