Orange Helmets

This thread again?

I was there. They looked like Clemson helmets. Its a “No“ vote from me.

Maybe if…

-> they were the right shade of Orange (151C)
-> they were matte and not glossy
-> the players want them (most important)

Reactions: SpookyAction
In the 70's, nothing really matched. The stripes on the pants were off a shade from the jerseys and the helmet stickers were also off a shade it seemed.
Go to Vol apparel stores these days and you get Orange colors that are....Orange. I didn't say the shades match.

This thread again?

I was there. They looked like Clemson helmets. Its a “No“ vote from me.

Maybe if…

-> they were the right shade of Orange (151C)
-> they were matte and not glossy
-> the players want them (most important)
Oh no offense friend, The University of Tennessee was founded long before Clemson & Texas soooo that makes them the copy cat!!...In the words from Baine in the Batman saga.. (adjusted)

"Oh, you think the Orange is your ally. But you merely adopted the Orange; I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a boy, by then it was nothing to me but BLINDING! The shadows betray you, because they belong to me!

All in fun...

GBO

Will we ever see the orange helmets again. Sure USC wore us out that night, but the orange helmets had nothing to do with the poor play. They were really sharp better the the black helmets. I guess there’s some superstition going around in Knoxville.
No damnit!

Please no. They are hideous. Not to mention they were worn in a game that knocked us out of the playoffs.

Unfortunately, those helmets and that loss will forever be tied together. That’s why I don’t care if I ever see him again.
Think about all the times we've lost in Orange Britches, Storm Troopers, All Orange. An Orange Helmet didn't make us lose. We just need to wear them again to remove the stigma.

Think about all the times we've lost in Orange Britches, Storm Troopers, All Orange. An Orange Helmet didn't make us lose. We just need to wear them again to remove the stigma.
True. But it was the first time wearing them, and most importantly, it was the first chance in two decades to finally exorcise the demons by clinching a playoff spot and catapulting into relevancy straight from the cellar that Big ORange Nation needed. It ended in embarrassing failure and gave one of the most deluded and obnoxious fan bases on the planet reason to gloat. It's by far the most embarrassing failure of Heup's career so far, by leaps and bounds. It's unfortunate those helmets were involved, and dammit, I was really hoping we wouldn't have to talk about it again.

I think the Michigan stolen signals had more to do with the game than the orange helmets. Look at Ratlers game by game stats. Their is a clear anomaly. He knew what defense we were in all game.

I think it’s a more authentic shade than the 2000’s adidas orange that it replaced
Neither are the Orange Tennessee wore in the 50s and 60s. It has too much red in it and is nowhere near the Oranote of the wild daises which grew on “The Hill“, the color which is the original Tennessee color.

Reactions: J C Higgins
Neither are the Orange Tennessee wore in the 50s and 60s. It has too much red in it and is nowhere near the Oranote of the wild daises which grew on “The Hill“, the color which is the original Tennessee color.
Which era of uniform do you think has the correct shade?

The orange helmets were awful. Throw em away. I love some of the alternate stuff we have done but those looks were still unique to us. Wearing the orange helmets we looked like Clemson out there. Yuck.

I think the Michigan stolen signals had more to do with the game than the orange helmets. Look at Ratlers game by game stats. Their is a clear anomaly. He knew what defense we were in all game.
I didn’t see it that way. I thought for some reason Rattler threw the ball with uncharacteristic accuracy. He put the ball on the money in windows that were extremely small. Felt like I was watching an NFL QB carve us up. That stolen signs thing - makes for a good excuse not to blame the loss on the team.

Will we ever see the orange helmets again. Sure USC wore us out that night, but the orange helmets had nothing to do with the poor play. They were really sharp better the the black helmets. I guess there’s some superstition going around in Knoxville.
NO!!!!!!!!!!!! and no, it made us look like Clemson.

Reactions: BDP!
giphy.gif

Reactions: livefaith
They need to bring them back and wear them against a cupcake. We started doing that with the all orange and it kind of worked out the superstition out of them being bad luck.

I personally don't believe in them being cursed, I think we would have lost regardless that night. it's not like the orange helmets caused it.

VN Store

Back