Orangeslice13, a blessing to those around him…..Again

Well believe it or not…..I’m a pretty good guy to know. Especially when I think I can solve a problem…..fairly easily
I will argue with people like hell all day online it's what I do, but I have always known you were a good guy to know. ;) My guess is I know a bit more about you then you realize. We have likely alot of 1 and 2 degrees of seperation among people we know. Help would be appreciated on the drain....it's been on my list for ahwile.....but my list is long and it's been a case of first come first serve. Still paying off almost dying.

Reactions: Wireless1
I will argue with people like hell all day online it's what I do, but I have always known you were a good guy to know. ;) My guess is I know a bit more about you then you realize. We have likely alot of 1 and 2 degrees of seperation among people we know. Help would be appreciated on the drain....it's been on my list for ahwile.....but my list is long and it's been a case of first come first serve. Still paying off almost dying.
Would you believe me if I told you we could solve the problem and likely for no expense……at all……except for a couple hours of soft labor, using a garden hose.

Your house is at the top of a hill. So there’s no underground spring. The grade all the way around is intact at 6 degrees so water sheds as it should. The patio off the basement isn’t sunk enough to cause our problem though it slightly contributes.
Your problem is gutters. They have a fixed helmets and are half full of roofing grit. Under hard rain they overflow and splash against the house. You can see where they are drilling into the ground. Where you placed the tarps helped but didn’t completely solve the problem.

The solution is to clean out the gutters. But how do we do that with a non removable cap ?

With a garden hose. We start at the downspout and wash out the grit, working our way up hill till they are clear.
A better solution is tearing them off and replacing them with 6 inch gutters but that’s probably 1500$.

Reactions: Vol since 77
Would you believe me if I told you we could solve the problem and likely for no expense……at all……except for a couple hours of soft labor, using a garden hose.

Your house is at the top of a hill. So there’s no underground spring. The grade all the way around is intact at 6 degrees so water sheds as it should. The patio off the basement isn’t sunk enough to cause our problem though it slightly contributes.
Your problem is gutters. They have a fixed helmets and are half full of roofing grit. Under hard rain they overflow and splash against the house. You can see where they are drilling into the ground. Where you placed the tarps helped but didn’t completely solve the problem.
Welp if you come by...i might need to explain another consideration I don't want to get into here. Gutters are actually good, they were an issue once upon a time but recently got fixed by drainright finally. The tarps were more of an added step because of previous issues. I just didn't want to take chances, as gutters HAD failed before being fixed and this is first big rain since they were fixed. That patio is horrible and truly needs to be redone at some point. Also pretty sure I have some underground foundation issues as do most people on the street as this hill is slowly sliding towards river. Still if I can fix the french drain...that's 70% of my issues and if I had a truck full of dirt I could stack up around house, that'd be about another 25%. I have a dozen utilities going through back yard as well. my back yard seems to be a hub.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
The solution is to clean out the gutters. But how do we do that with a non removable cap ?

With a garden hose. We start at the downspout and wash out the grit, working our way up hill till they are clear.
A better solution is tearing them off and replacing them with 6 inch gutters but that’s probably 1500$.
Gutters have recently been cleaned, repaired and are good to go....and probably why my basement is dry they have put me off for years doing it but finally came by and did it a few weeks ago. Tarps were because I had trust issues. they need a pressure washing for looks but their actually in good shape. Being right next to lake everything turns green with moss and algae etc after 6 months.

Welp if you come by...i might need to explain another consideration I don't want to get into here. Gutters are actually good, they were an issue once upon a time but recently got fixed by drainright finally. The tarps were more of an added step because of previous issues. I just didn't want to take chances, as gutters HAD failed before being fixed and this is first big rain since they were fixed. That patio is horrible and truly needs to be redone at some point. Also pretty sure I have some underground foundation issues as do most people on the street as this hill is slowly sliding towards river. Still if I can fix the french drain...that's 70% of my issues and if I had a truck full of dirt I could stack up around house, that'd be about another 25%. I have a dozen utilities going through back yard as well. my back yard seems to be a hub.
I’ll be out to meet a framer at another project on thrasher at 4.
I can swing by after that if you will be around

I’ll be out to meet a framer at another project on thrasher at 4.
I can swing by after that if you will be around
I was up all night and slept hard.....sorry about that. Didn't wake up until almost 6pm...now my schedule is messed up. If your free anytime this weekend will make myself avail. But it's the weekend, don't mess it up for you and your family on account of my yard, there is no hurry crisis is currently avoided.

VN Store

Back