OU vs Tennessee (by Bob Stoops)

You couldn't write a better script that this. Heupel gets fired and ten years later comes knocking on their door with a juggernaut team he built. I think the team takes care of business Saturday.

You know Stoops has to be worried they'll get embarrassed by the guy he fired.

Last edited:
Just remember that A&M and Missouri fans were just as arrogant and delusional about how much success they would have when they arrived in the SEC over a decade ago. They have since learned their place of irrelevancy. It’s going to be harder for Oklahoma fans to accept second quartile status in the SEC. And even lower status in basketball and baseball. So, extend some grace to these folks whose lifetime cultural highlight is watching on repeat that crappy Matt Damon movie about an Oklahoma oil worker.

I think maybe because you guys are so delusional. I’ve never posted anywhere before, probably because our first year in the sec, we will never chant sec as we never did big 12. Sec doesn’t mean crap the the Sooners, but the Sooners will mean a lot to the sec very soon
We're going to beat the hell out of you. Welcome to the SEC. You're going to be losing .. a lot

I think maybe because you guys are so delusional. I’ve never posted anywhere before, probably because our first year in the sec, we will never chant sec as we never did big 12. Sec doesn’t mean crap the the Sooners, but the Sooners will mean a lot to the sec very soon
Delusional about what? This is the best team we've had in 20 years. Now have we been tested by a quality opponent? I don't think so up to this point but OU should tell us where we are at. I think it will be a competitive game.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
This is silly.

I have to say, listening to Stoops and the collective OU sports world backpedal the way they tossed Heupel in the dumpster is pretty damn hilarious. Bob has to keep repeating "he should be welcomed back here" like he's worried Josh will kick in his door, smack his dog around, and take whatever's good out of his fridge on his way out.

And it's not just Stoops. This whole summer, there's been a flurry of "there's no hard feelings" and "it was just business" and "we love Josh Heupel for what he did here - as a player" coming not just out of Stoops, but also former players, and sports media types around Norman. It's funny how they try to paint it as a "gosh, we'd love to make up, we sure hope Josh knows that and knows he's always welcome here." "Things worked out for the best for everyone!" "It's such a shame things are were they are today." As if Heupel's the one to blame for the relationship being what it is.
They see the fire in Heupel. They know where it comes from.

They are hoping to soften him up a little. Well played OU but he ain’t falling for it

Sooners really think Big12 was on par with playing in the SEC the last 20 years. Oh to be so ignorant

In the last 20 years, Alabama has won 6 NC, Ga won 2, LSU won 2, Florida won 2, Auburn 1. The entire Big12 won 1 (Texas). Other than LSU in ‘19 & Aub in ‘10, Tennessee played all the SEC NC.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolBalls33
OMG. Please someone that knows how crack or meth would affect someone, let us know what he was on. 1/2 ass compliments are slaps in the face. HE brought up the firing. He purposefully threw salt. HE never recognized CJH’s Natty as a player. I would think Stoops would give half of his fortune “just to get away”. I’ve watched him from working for Spurrier to now. He sounds as a man that perceives impending doom. I hope his gut is right. GO VOLS!

Reactions: VFL_Hammer
Lots of Sooner trash talkers. I haven't seen this many opposing fans on our site since Florida posters when they were relevant. U of O must not have a decent place for their fans to interact. Maybe Freak can help them out and design a site for them.
Kind of weird to be honest. I find it hard enough for me to find the time to post on here. Couldn’t imagine posting on another teams site lol. They must have a lot of time on their hands.

Delusional about what? This is the best team we've had in 20 years. Now have we been tested by a quality opponent? I don't think so up to this point but OU should tell us where we are at. I think it will be a competitive game.

The national guys for ON3 picked the Sooners to go 6-6 this year. Their ceiling is like 7-5...and that would mean upsetting a better team somewhere. Look at their schedule.

Vols 38
Them 20

Sooners finish 6-6 this season.

The national guys for ON3 picked the Sooners to go 6-6 this year. Their ceiling is like 7-5...and that would mean upsetting a better team somewhere. Look at their schedule.

Vols 38
Them 20

Sooners finish 6-6 this season.
They certainly got the tougher draw compared to Texas. I could OU losing 5 or 6 of their SEC games. I think there defense is being overrated as it hasn't been tested yet. And unless Nic Anderson comes in and provides a spark, I don't fear their offense in the least.

I will say I am surprised the line has stayed within 1 point the entire week. That's definitely different so far for UT opponents. UT is 4 points better than Oklahoma, giving 3 for the home team. The meltdown will be epic if UT loses. I personally don't care as long as UT wins the game on the road in the SEC. I would obviously love a beatdown, but would still rejoice with a win on Saturday.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back