Our offensive woes are not just a Talent...

If you don't believe our problem is talent I can't help you. Look at Oregon with a first year head coach, but look at the talent they have. Heck anybody could coach that team this year with that kind of talent, and win. Who knows how good their coach really is at this point, but I guarantee you he wouldn't have done any better Saturday had he been on our side of the field.

The fact that Worley broke just about every South Carolina High School passing record and Spurrier didn't even offer him a scholarship should tell you all you need to know.

No, Spurrier didn't offer him, but he had an offer from Florida, Florida St., LSU, North Carolina, Notre Dame, and Stanford. I think his biggest problem is that he is a pro style QB trying to run a spread offense.

I think some folks need to take a look at Sabans 1st season at Bama....even great coaches need time.

So some of you guys expect a rag tag bunch of freshmen receivers , with some walk-ons, and guys that are getting their 1st playing time this season to get open against one of the fastest secondaries in the country ?

And you want our QB ( who is the best of our lot of QBs) to pass to the guys that cant get open and you want him to call his own number in the zone read and travel at the speed of smell around the defense for positive yardage ? Yes we want him rattled and physical beat up ..that'll help him with his passing game .

And this offensive line that has failed to meet our expectations. Those 5 should be able to block 7 or 8 guys at the point of attack . Not sure why we did not just send or running backs right into the clogged gaps . Wonder if all this commitment to the run by the defense is because we cant get open and we cant pass ? I just wonder

And that terrible defense ...what were they thinking getting fatigued and falling apart after being left on the field with the most explosive offense in the game , play after play after play , ect against that frantic paced offense. With all those freshmen and walk-ons ..and backers that were recruited to run a 3-4 D ...I am surprised that our D was not up to the challenge given to them by our failed offense .

Butch should coach all these guys up to run 4.3 40's. ( you do this by tapping the X button repeatedly as fast as you can ) Worley and at least 2 of his backups should look like Manning , Brady and Rogers by the end of the week.

I think some folks need to take a look at Sabans 1st season at Bama....even great coaches need time.

So some of you guys expect a rag tag bunch of freshmen receivers , with some walk-ons, and guys that are getting their 1st playing time this season to get open against one of the fastest secondaries in the country ?

And you want our QB ( who is the best of our lot of QBs) to pass to the guys that cant get open and you want him to call his own number in the zone read and travel at the speed of smell around the defense for positive yardage ? Yes we want him rattled and physical beat up ..that'll help him with his passing game .

And this offensive line that has failed to meet our expectations. Those 5 should be able to block 7 or 8 guys at the point of attack . Not sure why we did not just send or running backs right into the clogged gaps . Wonder if all this commitment to the run by the defense is because we cant get open and we cant pass ? I just wonder

And that terrible defense ...what were they thinking getting fatigued and falling apart after being left on the field with the most explosive offense in the game , play after play after play , ect against that frantic paced offense. With all those freshmen and walk-ons ..and backers that were recruited to run a 3-4 D ...I am surprised that our D was not up to the challenge given to them by our failed offense .

Butch should coach all these guys up to run 4.3 40's. ( you do this by tapping the X button repeatedly as fast as you can ) Worley and at least 2 of his backups should look like Manning , Brady and Rogers by the end of the week.

Well said.

Reactions: 1 person
We are just devoid of special playmakers, that's it in a nut shell. Some of our young players are still developing and our more expierienced players just don't have the it factor. We've all seen how just 1 special talent can make a tremendous difference, we just don't have one this year.

VN Store

Back