Party PM! Finland's glamorous Prime Minister Marin Sanna says she has 'nothing to hide'

Franklin Pierce

Finland's glamorous Prime Minister Sanna Marin has denied using drugs and said she has nothing to hide after a video emerged of her partying wildly with celebrity friends.

The 36-year-old world leader was in high spirits in the video, which appears to take place in a private apartment, as the group cavorts and dances for a mobile phone camera.

In light of the raucous scenes, Finnish MP Mikko Kärnä, from Marin's coalition partner Centre Party, took to Twitter to urge her to take a voluntary drugs test.

Marin denied using drugs and said in a press conference this morning that she had 'nothing to conceal or hide.'

Earlier this morning, she defended her behaviour in the video to reporters, saying 'I have danced, sung, celebrated, done legal things.' She added that she had not been drinking heavily.

She also hit out the person who leaked the videos, which she said were from a couple of weeks ago.

61499805-11123023-image-m-53_1660814579778.jpg

The release of the raucous video comes just months after Marin was forced to apologise for going out clubbing till 4am after coming into contact with a Covid-19 case

61498935-11123023-The_release_of_the_raucous_video_comes_just_months_after_Marin_w-m-46_1660813463144.jpg

Giving more details on the wild night, Marin said that the evening had been spent in two separate flats, with about twenty people. They also went to two bars.

61500109-11123023-Marin_pictured_ready_to_party_at_the_Flow_festival_in_Helsinki_w-a-4_1660828814293.jpg

Marin pictured ready to party at the Flow festival in Helsinki with photographer and influencer Janita Autio - who was featured in the party video - on the latter's Instagram account

The fun-loving video has drawn criticism within Finland by those who consider the behaviour inappropriate for a world leader, especially in a time of national emergency, with Finland ending its historical neutrality to join NATO and grappling with a belligerent Russia.

Video: Finland Prime Minister Marin Sanna parties wildly with celebrity friends | Daily Mail Online

Reactions: norrislakevol
The fun-loving video has drawn criticism within Finland by those who consider the behaviour inappropriate for a world leader, especially in a time of national emergency, with Finland ending its historical neutrality to join NATO and grappling with a belligerent Russia.
I'm pretty sure that world leader and Finland haven't been used in the same sentence ever.

Two observations:

1 - Which "friend" of hers leaked the video?
2 - It is stuff like this that makes me think "Why would people want a job like that, where doing something like this gets questioned?"

I'm convinced that the press has made the Presidency such an unattractive job that nobody worth a chit would want it.

I'm convinced that the press has made the Presidency such an unattractive job that nobody worth a chit would want it.
I'm not sure the press has made it look bad...it just is bad. It sounds like an absolutely horrible, horrible job that only a masochist with a superiority complex and mental issues would want.

The job has so much influence, visibility, and power that those who seek it out inevitably want the job for all the wrong reasons.

VN Store

Back