Pathetic announcers on tv

Also sad when one fan criticizes the fandom of another. I bleed orange. I get mad if the commentators don't praise my team. I believe ESPN hates us. I mute the TV and listen to the Vol Network and every loss cuts me to the quick because I believe we are supposed to win every game. That's how I choose to be a fan. I don't expect to change any time soon.

thinking it is embarrassing that we have fans that tweet analyst how they are a hack when they don't pick us to win is embarrassing. ESPN doesn't hate us and saying that you think it is embarrassing isn't criticizing someones fan hood . It is stating an opinion and that, my moderator friend, is what this forum is for.:hi:

They were trying to keep an audience on a nationally televised game.

Yiou guys would have had a hemorrhage during the 1986 Sugar Bowl game as Keith Jackson and Frank Broyles kept telling everyone that despite the fact Tennessee was blowing "da U" out of the Superdome the Hurricanes were only a play or two from "turning this thing around." ABC was bleeding fans to the Orange Bowl which featured Oklahoma vs Penn State for the National Championship. By the third quarter virtually the only people watching the Sugar Bowl were in Orange.

I never pick up very much bias on the part of announcers. I kind of concentrate on the game and let all of the jabber-jabber by the announcers blend in with the crowd noise. If it wasn't for wanting the crowd noise experience, I would turn the sound off and just watch the game. Who needs announcers anyway? You don't at the stadium when you watch the game live.

The only thing that truly irritates me is when they send some flunky to interview a celebrity in the stands or have one in the booth, and the cameramen completely forget about the game. Some are so long-winded I want to throw an empty JD bottle at the screen. Rant over

Well, if the first turnover was a gift ( and according to the announcers they were all gifts), I guess that makes our defense greedy... all take and no give:)

Meh. Most of these guys were just a little butthurt that their upset pick for this particular week got drilled by four touchdowns. Kinda makes them look bad, and they know it.

Right, WKU kept "putting the ball on the ground." Wonder how that happened?

And the play-by-play guy said on multiple kick-offs downed in the end zone ... that it will come out to the TWENTY. Ironic that the sports PROFESSIONAL didn't know it would come out to the 25, but us amateurs did. He finally corrected himself. Probably his 5th grade son in the booth said, Dad, didn't they change that rule a while back?

And I loved the comments after our 2 pick-6's by cornerbacks, on how we were just setting ourselves up to be burned by the pump and go long. Yes, those boys were foolishly falling right into the trap of the offensive genius, Petrino.

And then we won by 32.

VN Store

Back